E-readers anyone have one

Hammered a Lot

This post has been edited by Just Jack: 18 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

Reason for edit: Removed link to penis picture

:lol:

I just noticed this, and it was a wise edit. But, just to clarify, it was a cartoon picture of a penis.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm old fashioned, but I just love the feeling of an actual book in my hands. I tried reading on my dad's Kindle a couple days ago and it just felt weird.

Most people I know who use Kindles prefer to read from books, but there are times they are not particularly convenient. If you travel and are a voracious reader a Kindle can be a very nice tool.

Most people I know who use Kindles prefer to read from books, but there are times they are not particularly convenient. If you travel and are a voracious reader a Kindle can be a very nice tool.

I've had my Kindle for a year. The experience of reading a real book vs. on the device has become pretty much indistinguishable. The Kindle has the advantage of being a little easier to handle. For example, if I'm sitting there with a bagel sandwich and a coffee, I don't need to keep a finger on the page to keep it from flipping back. I can just rest it on the table and have my hands free while I keep reading.

I've had my Kindle for a year. The experience of reading a real book vs. on the device has become pretty much indistinguishable. The Kindle has the advantage of being a little easier to handle. For example, if I'm sitting there with a bagel sandwich and a coffee, I don't need to keep a finger on the page to keep it from flipping back. I can just rest it on the table and have my hands free while I keep reading.

It's also nice when at the start and end of a book -- easier to hold.

It's also nice when at the start and end of a book -- easier to hold.

What difficult lives we lead in 2010 America.

Nobody said it was difficult, only that there are many advantages to the Kindle. These aren't the most important ones, but all of the advantages do add up.

Just commenting on the fact that peoples lives are so easy that not having to put a finger on the page of a book is noteworthy.

Of course living in Minnesota with chronically frost bitten fingers may make it a real quality of life issue :lol:

Just commenting on the fact that peoples lives are so easy that not having to put a finger on the page of a book is noteworthy.

Of course living in Minnesota with chronically frost bitten fingers may make it a real quality of life issue :lol:

I don't think a kindle vs book discussion has anything to do with how "easy" or "hard" life is.

It has more to do with your anxiousness's to be nasty to a vanilla post.

Actually, I think it has more to do with you assuming that I was being "anxious" and "nasty" by saying I disagreed with your observation. You are reading into my post connotations that aren't there.

Edited by BlueFire

I have a friend who reads off a Kindle and he loves it. He only charges it once a month. I took a look at it and it is very thin the screen also displays like paper its really almost as if you are reading a book. Also cool is when you shut it off it displays a picture rather then going to a blank screen.

Edited by billsfan89

There's one perk with the Kindle that has kind of spoiled me. I love how you can get an instant dictionary definition of any word as you're reading. Sometimes when I'm reading an actual physical book or magazine I almost forget that I can't just scroll to a word on the page and be told what it means.

Amazon has just announced the ability to "lend" eBooks to others.

Downside: The feature is up to the publisher to enable/disable and you can only lend a book once.

http://www.neowin.ne...ws-book-sharing

I've somewhat pondered what this portends for the public library industry.

How can publishers allow libraries to download books and loan them out electronically to the masses?

There's one perk with the Kindle that has kind of spoiled me. I love how you can get an instant dictionary definition of any word as you're reading. Sometimes when I'm reading an actual physical book or magazine I almost forget that I can't just scroll to a word on the page and be told what it means.

:thumbsup:

This is probably a feature that our Alaskan friend may find more worthy of talking about. :lol: