• $349,000 for swine waste management in North Carolina
  • $413,000 for peanut research in Alabama
  • $247,000 for virus free wine grapes in Washington
  • $208,000 beaver management in North Carolina
  • $94,000 for blackbird management in Louisiana
  • $165,000 for maple syrup research in Vermont
  • $235,000 for noxious weed management in Nevada
  • $300,000 for the Polynesian Voyaging Society in Hawaii

What's another $1.1 trillion amongst friends, anyway, huh Harry?

But Republicans are "blocking" the Zadroga bill.....Republicans BAD!!!!!!

Heard some politico on Imus this AM that his appropriations bill is the FIRST spending bill THIS YEAR thats been brought to the floor. Now. Two weeks before the session ends.

Its a !@#$ing disgrace.

Edited by RkFast

• $246,000 for bovine tuberculosis in Michigan and Minnesota
  • $349,000 for swine waste management in North Carolina

Those two are probably worthwhile - TB is no joke, and "swine waste management" is more about watershed conservation.

• $500,000 for oyster safety in Florida

Those little high-visibility orange vests aren't too expensive, but there's a hell of a lot of oysters out there.

• $235,000 for noxious weed management in Nevada

Half of Nevada's used for military testing...true irony would be if this were allocated to weed control on a bombing range or something.

• $300,000 for the Polynesian Voyaging Society in Hawaii

As I recall, the Polynesians themselves voyaged for much less. :wallbash:

I think your math is a bit off and this is really the best list you could come up with? Less than $4 million?

Besides, most of these things are fairly reasonable as soon as you get rid of the "it doesn't immediately sound worthy to me so it must be a waste of money" mentality.

While you're talking about major wastes of taxpayer money, how's that F-35 Fighter program coming???

I think your math is a bit off and this is really the best list you could come up with? Less than $4 million?

Besides, most of these things are fairly reasonable as soon as you get rid of the "it doesn't immediately sound worthy to me so it must be a waste of money" mentality.

While you're talking about major wastes of taxpayer money, how's that F-35 Fighter program coming???

Most? Which one's aren't reasonable? Maple syrup research, or cranberry breeding? (As a side note: I bet that half-million for blueberry and cranberry breeding ends up going to some sort of non-profit industry group that uses it to write a report justifying the need for more federal funding of blueberry and cranberry breeding studies).

And don't get me started on the JSF. :wallbash:

And the Woden back in Wednesday

And the eight back in October.

And the eight back in October.

Dude, the Septem/Octo/Novem/December thing is a lost cause. America has dumbed down enough people who's greatest Latin translation is uckFay oYay itchBay!

And the only link to October and the Octomom, is the burning question...did the Octomom give birth in October?

Besides, most of these things are fairly reasonable as soon as you get rid of the "it doesn't immediately sound worthy to me so it must be a waste of money" mentality

Right because we have a budget surplus that needs to be spent.

It's this kind of mentality that has gotten us into this mess.

The Chineses are laughing at the US for borrowing to fund this crap!!! :wallbash:

But Republicans are "blocking" the Zadroga bill.....Republicans BAD!!!!!!

Heard some politico on Imus this AM that his appropriations bill is the FIRST spending bill THIS YEAR thats been brought to the floor. Now. Two weeks before the session ends.

Its a !@#$ing disgrace.

A disgrace is that they are moving forward with the New Start Treaty.

A disgrace is that they are moving forward with the New Start Treaty.

Glad to see you're coming around to that view.

It does nothing to make the US safer.

It prevents us from developing defensive systems.

The only "positive" is that it will give President BO a desperately needed foreign policy "victory". Yea!

Reid pulls the bill and agrees to short-term budget fix.

It turns out there is more to this good news than just the wasteful spending. If the bill got through, it put a crapload of cash toward Obamacare, making it that much harder to defund that abortion of a bill. Harry screwed this up royally, somehow thinking he could ram through a bill filled with embarrassing earmarks across the board. As soon as Republicans who had pork in the bill said they'd still vote against it, Reid must have realized calling them all "sanctimonious" was, y'know, probably not a good idea.

This is a big win for everyone. I'm thinking someone will get Harry Reid some tissues for Christmas so he can wipe that egg off his incompetent mug.

Reid pulls the bill and agrees to short-term budget fix.

It turns out there is more to this good news than just the wasteful spending. If the bill got through, it put a crapload of cash toward Obamacare, making it that much harder to defund that abortion of a bill. Harry screwed this up royally, somehow thinking he could ram through a bill filled with embarrassing earmarks across the board. As soon as Republicans who had pork in the bill said they'd still vote against it, Reid must have realized calling them all "sanctimonious" was, y'know, probably not a good idea.

This is a big win for everyone. I'm thinking someone will get Harry Reid some tissues for Christmas so he can wipe that egg off his incompetent mug.

Well, in spite of your obnoxious smugness about your "team" getting the win here, I have to agree that this is a good thing.