ESPN: Clements out; Weiss top candidate

otterpops

it shouldn't be hard to keep doing what Weis was doing in terms of game plan......Weis leaving won't mean anything to the Patriots. Not this year...not next year...never.

One thing to consider is that Weis calls an excellent game and is intimately familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of his personell. While I certainly don't think this would be something that could sink the Pats, I do think his leaving will have some adverse affect on the Pats offense.

Cya

P.S. And I know you Pats fans are going to jump into this thread to assert what an awful playcaller Weis is, but save it. There are tons of fans of every NFL team that think their OC calls stupid plays and that they would do a better job. But just because twice a game an OC calls a bad play and you had a better option, doesn't mean you wouldn't have got your ass handed to you the other 78 snaps.

Weiss may not be conventional, but he's highly effective. And innovation is what wins in this league.

Oh, please. Do I come across as a Patriots ass-sucker to you? I hate having to listen to those douchebags, but the truth is the truth. They're deep and they all work hard as a team. Christ, man, they have a wide receiver playing the corner position, and the dude has two picks this year. They just keep moving forward and overcoming adversity.

But a Patriot's ass-sucker I am not.

156264[/snapback]

Not accusing you of that, but it's not like the Pats can't be beaten. That's all I'm saying. And losing the offensive coordinator who has been a presence on both Super Bowl teams and mentor to their QB will be a big blow.