Michelle My Belle says obesity is a "national security threat"

the first lady says in the prepared remarks, “childhood obesity isn’t just a public health threat, ... it’s a national security threat as well."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/46303.html#ixzz186lgDPI4

I know first ladies are largely insignificant figures who tend to latch on to a token cause for PR concers, but for Christ sake, can we all simmer down on the hyperbole please? Is everything a !@#$ing crisis? Maybe we need to declare war on obesity.

Next comes the fast food tax to suck revenue out of poor people, but you can bet your ass the equally fattening gourmet food at the types of resstaurants where Michelle sits her fat pusssy down to stuff her pig face won't be effected.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know first ladies are largely insignificant figures who tend to latch on to a token cause for PR concers, but for Christ sake, can we all simmer down on the hyperbole please? Is everything a !@#$ing crisis? Maybe we need to declare war on obesity.

Next comes the fast food tax to suck revenue out of poor people, but you can bet your ass the equally fattening gourmet food at the types of resstaurants where Michelle sits her fat pusssy down to stuff her pig face won't be effected.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel, Rob! :D

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz186lgDPI4

YEEEHAWWWWW!!!!! Sheesh, Rob!!!!

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz186lgDPI4

Affected. :)

Americans are, for the most part, a bunch of fat-asses. Stop getting your panties in a wad, eat a salad and hit the treadmill. If you weren't all so goddamn fat, nobody would have to piss you off by telling you what a bunch of sedentary slobs you all are! :lol:

No, seriously.

Affected. :)

Americans are, for the most part, a bunch of fat-asses. Stop getting your panties in a wad, eat a salad and hit the treadmill. If you weren't all so goddamn fat, nobody would have to piss you off by telling you what a bunch of sedentary slobs you all are! :lol:

No, seriously.

I think it has to do with what's out there. When I was in Manhattan and TGI Friday's, the menu had the calorie count on each meal. The minimum calories you could have ordered was about 1200 for a steak :wallbash: Even the salad was loaded with crap.

I think it has to do with what's out there. When I was in Manhattan and TGI Friday's, the menu had the calorie count on each meal. The minimum calories you could have ordered was about 1200 for a steak :wallbash: Even the salad was loaded with crap.

Supply and Demand at it finest. I'm going to grab a protein shake and head to the gym now. :P

This is in no way directed at you, but fat Conservatives jabbering on about personal accountability makes me laugh.

Supply and Demand at it finest. I'm going to grab a protein shake and head to the gym now. :P

This is in no way directed at you, but fat Conservatives jabbering on about personal accountability makes me laugh.

Sorry we enjoy the good things in life, like food and arent self-loathing liberal dolts who starve ourselves.

Could have been worse... She could have busted into tears about it.

Anyway, it really is our lifestyle and food distribution system now. Human nature is not stupid... Nobody wants to work hard with their body... Everybody wants to call the shots while somebody else labors... Now pack on the 6,000 calorie days... And people (most) got trouble. Funny how throughout history, the rich were the fat hogs... Now, the tables are turned... It is the poor slob.

Newsflash: One can get fat from poor nutrition just as one can wither away.

Sorry we enjoy the good things in life, like food and arent self-loathing liberal dolts who starve ourselves.

Having one meal at 1500 calories not including the beer or pepsi will certainly contribute to poor health. Of course if you choose that kind of lifestyle, well then I hope you have good health insurance...

Who says you have to eat the whole thing? Outside of throwing it away... There are many other options like eating half and:

1. Taking the rest home and saving the leftover for tomorrow's lunch

2. Spliting the meal with another.

Etc...

See that is the thing. Human nature and one's economic acumen are dangerous combo when put up against a super-sized meal for 50 cents more.

Having one meal at 1500 calories not including the beer or pepsi will certainly contribute to poor health. Of course if you choose that kind of lifestyle, well then I hope you have good health insurance...

Nothing tastes better after a nice meal than a nice smoke!

:P

Eat your soup first, it will fill you up!

I'm 6'3" 210 lean lbs. I eat a reasonable diet with fast food thrown in about twice a week. I take vitamins daily, and up until being afflicted with tendonitis 3 wks ago, had a regular excercise schedule, so I'm ok on this front. My neighbor, on the other hand, could stand to lose about 30 lbs. The other day I saw him with a McDonald's bag. I was about to yank it out of his hand and tell him to go eat a salad, but then I realized it was none of my business.

I'm 6'3" 210 lean lbs. I eat a reasonable diet with fast food thrown in about twice a week. I take vitamins daily, and up until being afflicted with tendonitis 3 wks ago, had a regular excercise schedule, so I'm ok on this front. My neighbor, on the other hand, could stand to lose about 30 lbs. The other day I saw him with a McDonald's bag. I was about to yank it out of his hand and tell him to go eat a salad, but then I realized it was none of my business.

At age 33 I was the same exact size as you... Actually lighter! You better start ramping up the exercise because two fast-food meals a week may break you at my age (42). How old is your neighbor?

Who says you have to eat the whole thing? Outside of throwing it away... There are many other options like eating half and:

1. Taking the rest home and saving the leftover for tomorrow's lunch

2. Spliting the meal with another.

Etc...

See that is the thing. Human nature and one's economic acumen are dangerous combo when put up against a super-sized meal for 50 cents more.

Nothing tastes better after a nice meal than a nice smoke!

:P

Eat your soup first, it will fill you up!

Well the meal I ordered was barely filling so I doubt I would have been able to last. It's not the food itself that was fattening but everything around it that was unecessary. I understand restaurant food is worse than regular homemade but there is a limit!

And i don't smoke :)

Well the meal I ordered was barely filling so I doubt I would have been able to last. It's not the food itself that was fattening but everything around it that was unecessary. I understand restaurant food is worse than regular homemade but there is a limit!

And i don't smoke :)

I know what you mean! I never smoked either (saving grace).

I only have one vice and that is regular soda (I just can't get past diet)... I kick it back to a few cans a day... I would like to break that habit... When I did, I lost weight. I am now 6'3"/255. But nothing else I do bad. Just a bad combo of getting older, not exercising enough and SHIFT WORK puts me in a trick bag.

Oh... Another weakness is that I tend to do all my work, then eat, then sleep... That is a toxic combo especially with shift work.

Which leads me to another thing... I wonder how our society is fairing from being a 24/7/365 society... Sure people worked around the clock years ago... But not as much as they do now... That is across the whole of society. ??

What I am saying is that it isn't just poor diet... It is poor sleep... Those two go hand-in-hand and things tend to snowball out of control, even if calories are cut back.

We need to throttle back the whole economics of society. Remember when store were actually closed on Sunday or at 9-10 O'clock at night... Including fast food. Heck, when I was young... Sometimes you couldn't find a gas station open on Sunday.

The "instant economy" is also a problem.

HAHAHAHA you're such a douche bag

I'm 6'3" 210 lean lbs. I eat a reasonable diet with fast food thrown in about twice a week.

Contradiction.

6-3, 210 is not lean. In our society, 6-3, 210 is svelt but in reality, it's not.

Edited by Peace

I'm sorry but if you were in Manhattan and still found yourself in a TGIF then you deserve whatever fate the dietary gods put on you.

What happened, reservations at American Girl were booked up?

Contradiction.

6-3, 210 is not lean. In our society, 6-3, 210 is svelt but in reality, it's not.

Why is it a contradiction? Maybe that is the only way to throttle back the economy... People start declaring that ALL fast-food is NEVER reasonable... The companies can start laying off even more people... Than what will be have... Thin BUT more out of work people.

Our economic state depends very much on our portliness... Everything in our culture gets talked with a forked tongue (no pun intended).

I agree, at 210 it is still heavy... I would kill to be 215 again. Yet... My weight gradually got up there in my 20's from about 165 on... At Rob's age, I was 210. Even still, my caloric intake is around 2,000 to 3,000 calories NOW. Sleep along with age has something to do with it. I can work like a horse... Not to say I am not as big as a horse! :P