25 Facts About Your Favorite Christmas Movies

Just Jack

I was wondering... where was your annual thread about dates/times/channels of Christmas shows on TeeVee.

Then I looked at a schedule, and there's almost nothing on the broadcast channels. Last year, we had The Polar Express and the Santa Clause movies. This year, if you want anything besides "It's a Wonderful Life" on NBC on Christmas Eve, it's on ABC-Family on cable. Or, in the case of Rudolph and Charlie Brown Christmas, it aired in frickin' November!

Seriously, who came up with the scheduling this year?

good list. I'm kinda disappointed in mythbusters, that they actually had to test to see if you could get your tongue stuck to a piece of cold metal. I thought this was common sense for anyone who has ever lived through winter or gotten something out of a freezer. I mean, if your hands stick to metal when its cold enough, why wouldn't your tongue? Its kinda crazy that Pesci actually bit Macaulay Culkin too.

I was wondering... where was your annual thread about dates/times/channels of Christmas shows on TeeVee.

Then I looked at a schedule, and there's almost nothing on the broadcast channels. Last year, we had The Polar Express and the Santa Clause movies. This year, if you want anything besides "It's a Wonderful Life" on NBC on Christmas Eve, it's on ABC-Family on cable. Or, in the case of Rudolph and Charlie Brown Christmas, it aired in frickin' November!

Seriously, who came up with the scheduling this year?

Not only that, but Rudolph and the Grinch aired at the same exact time. What a waste.

good list. I'm kinda disappointed in mythbusters, that they actually had to test to see if you could get your tongue stuck to a piece of cold metal. I thought this was common sense for anyone who has ever lived through winter or gotten something out of a freezer. I mean, if your hands stick to metal when its cold enough, why wouldn't your tongue? Its kinda crazy that Pesci actually bit Macaulay Culkin too.

Eh, I'm sure Michael Jackson left far worse scars for Culkin.

Not only that, but Rudolph and the Grinch aired at the same exact time. What a waste.

Looked on tvtitan and saw that the holiday airing schedule I looked at mislabeled some things as being on ABCFamily when they are on ABC.

The Santa Clause movies are on Sunday evening (12/19), and the Grinch special followed by the Jim Carrey Grinch movie is on the 23rd.

No Polar Express this year, tho.

Eh, I'm sure Michael Jackson left far worse scars for Culkin.

That would be funny if it weren't so true and sad. B/w MJ and his own family, they screwed him up pretty good.

I had some personal things going on this month so I never got to it. I might try to get one done but with only a little over a week left before Christmas, I may not bother.

TV Guide has these Eastern National broadcastings listed:

"It's a Wonderful Life" on NBC Friday, December 24th at 8:00 PM.

"The Polar Express" on ABCFAM Tues, Dec 21 9:00PM

"The Polar Express" on DISNEY Wed, Dec 22 8:00PM

"The Polar Express" on ABCFAM Thu, Dec 23 4:30PM

"Rudolph and Frosty: Christmas in July" on ABCFAM Sat, Dec 18 12:00 PM

"Rudolph and Frosty: Christmas in July" on ABCFAM Fri, Dec 24 3:30 PM

"Rudolph's Shiny New Year" on ABC FAM Sat, Dec 18 2:00 PM

"Rudolph's Shiny New Year" on ABC FAM Fri, Dec 24 10:00 PM

"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the island of Misfit Toys" ABCFAM Fri, Dec 24 3:30 PM

Real Nostalgia:

"Miracle on 34th St." on AMC Fri, Dec 24 10:00 AM

"White Christmas" on AMC Fri, Dec 24 12:15 PM

Looked on tvtitan and saw that the holiday airing schedule I looked at mislabeled some things as being on ABCFamily when they are on ABC.

The Santa Clause movies are on Sunday evening (12/19), and the Grinch special followed by the Jim Carrey Grinch movie is on the 23rd.

No Polar Express this year, tho.

That would be funny if it weren't so true and sad. B/w MJ and his own family, they screwed him up pretty good.

Polar Express was on a few weeks ago on either ABC Family or Hallmark. They're right next to each other on DirecTV so i don't remember which was which. :)

Edited by Ramius

I had some personal things going on this month so I never got to it. I might try to get one done but with only a little over a week left before Christmas, I may not bother.

Even though there were only two things in there that I wanted to watch, I always enjoyed those threads.

Polar Express was on a few weeks ago on either ABC Family or Hallmark. They're right next to each other on DirecTV so i don't remember which was which. :)

On over-the-air broadcast, I was sayin'.

Still, my heart is a few sizes larger wrt the network execs than it was a few days ago.

Might pick up PE on Blu-ray....