Defensive Adjustments or new coordinator

A couple of DL and LB that can rush the QB will make Edwards a better coach.

Dead on. If anything, Edwards should get some sliver of praise for his adjustments throughout games. Sometimes you just don't have the horses to win a race, as is the case w/ our defense.

Adding a top D-lineman through the draft will help but better LBs across the board, Poz and Moats (I think) aside, will make a huge difference.

A true dream scenario would be the Jets out-thinking themselves believing that extensions should go to Holmes and Edwards before they lock up David Harris. Maybe Rex thinks scheme > player. Who knows. But then again, this would require us to sign someone of worth in free agency...scratch this idea. Nonetheless, I suppose this is more plausible than those thinking Ngata reaches the market and the Bills having a chance to sign him.

To say the Bills defense has played well of late may be somewhat true but it is not as though the Browns were that high up the offensive charts. It was sure looking like a long day on that first drive and the weather was pointing to a running type of game. With that in mind, Edwards deserves credit for his adjustments. That part of the defense has been impressive.

There should be firings this year however. Whether it is Lewis in Cinnci or possibly Mangini in Cleve. There may be better defensive coordinators out there and the thing that I remember was that the Bills were late on hiring a coach and the trickle down moved to the coordinators. It is not as though he is doing a terrible job but there may be better ones available in an other month.

One thing I have noticed is the interviews with the Defensive players - like the one Kyle recently gave. He said the big adjustment the defense made during the Browns game is they stopped trying to strip the ball and just focused on tackling. I think he said that a lot was made of the weather conditions and the defense just needed to focus on making the stops.

That being said, it does seem like the defense has statistically been stronger in the second half of games this year. That is a welcomed change from the Jauron days and one could argue that it points to better adjustments by the coaching staff and perhaps better conditioning as well.

One thing I have noticed is the interviews with the Defensive players - like the one Kyle recently gave. He said the big adjustment the defense made during the Browns game is they stopped trying to strip the ball and just focused on tackling. I think he said that a lot was made of the weather conditions and the defense just needed to focus on making the stops.

That being said, it does seem like the defense has statistically been stronger in the second half of games this year. That is a welcomed change from the Jauron days and one could argue that it points to better adjustments by the coaching staff and perhaps better conditioning as well.

The team has definitely been making better adjustments at the 1/2 on both sides of the ball than they've done in years.

I hated it last year when Jauron would defer to the 2nd 1/2. There was no expectation that the team would do anything. This year, I like seeing the Bills get the ball to start the 2nd 1/2. I've started to expect to see them do something with it at that point.