Judge Rejects Obamacare Individual Mandate Provision

/dev/null

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I HATE when people make statements like "I hate the government telling me what to do... they are killing my freedoms". Just cracks me up.

You may be right... personally I think when you keep the government completely out of it, the companies will still continue to raise rates, cut people off from their insurance because of an ailment, etc. Not believing that will truly act in an ethical way.

And the way I DO think the government should be involved is to hold the insurance companies to their commitments. Insurance is basically a bet...the insurer sets the table minimum, you buy in, if you "win" the insurer pays out. There is no way in hell they should be allowed to cancel your bet because you "win".

Rate structures are a different issue...but those are directly driven by the risk/payout models by which the "house" sets the table. The solution there is to introduce more sanity into how care is managed and allocated, which is not something I want the government involved in (because, again, I've seen how !@#$ed up Medicaid is.) It's also why the health care law is so flawed, as it goes beyond doing nothing to address cost and actually adversely affects it. A straigt-up completely socialized medical system, much as I'm against the principle, would still be a better plan than the current law.

Which would never happen. It is clear as day that Republicans have had no interest in taking this on. Why would they if they had it trashed?

True, that.

earmarks? ummm, maybe.

:)

Even when its true, as it is here?

Yes, I still hate the whole government is out to get me crap. It's like... get over it people, we may not be perfect and probably never will be, that being said you live in the best country in the world. So shut your pie hole and freakin' relax. It's not all about you. It's what works best for all 300,000,000 + people.

Yes, I still hate the whole government is out to get me crap. It's like... get over it people, we may not be perfect and probably never will be, that being said you live in the best country in the world. So shut your pie hole and freakin' relax. It's not all about you. It's what works best for all 300,000,000 + people.

Amazing, a circular argument (this is the greatest country b/c of our freedom so you should STFU when that freedom is stripped from you) backed up by a "greater good" argument that presupposes government intervention into whatever is what works best for all 300,000,000+ people.

You could have saved some time and just said "It's good b/c they told me so"

Youre an idiot.

You spout this "America is great" stuff, not even realizing that the reason thats true to a HUGE extent, is that this Country was founded on the principle tha tthe people are FREE from such mandates like you pine for.

Youre drowning in this argument so bad, its laughable.

Youre an idiot.

You spout this "America is great" stuff, not even realizing that the reason thats true to a HUGE extent, is that this Country was founded on the principle tha tthe people are FREE from such mandates like you pine for.

You mean it's not great because it's populated by 300 million crybabies whining about what they're entitled to?

You mean it's not great because it's populated by 300 million crybabies whining about what they're entitled to?

He hates the "government is out to get me crap".... not even realizing that with this mandate, the government is LITERALLY coming to get you.

Amazing, a circular argument (this is the greatest country b/c of our freedom so you should STFU when that freedom is stripped from you) backed up by a "greater good" argument that presupposes government intervention into whatever is what works best for all 300,000,000+ people.

You could have saved some time and just said "It's good b/c they told me so"

The "Greatest country on earth" argument has been stupid from the beginning. That doesn't get you anywhere. It is that great, because people stay informed and participate in constantly trying to make it better.

Things with the government in control will get messed up, because of bureaucracy and wanting to get re-elected. Things in the private sector will get screwed up for want of short term profit. That's why nothing is ever easy, no matter how you go about it. Still, things get done, people panic on one side or the other, then things settle down and get taken care of.

Youre an idiot.

In other words people using "Government is taking our personal freedoms..." as a way to get their way. I equate to another word people like to toss out there when they don't get there way... "unAmerican" / "Anti-American"

That is laughable. And by the way, I do believe in what's right or the best for ALL Americans. Is that means changes for some, oh well get over yourself. Think of the greater good of or country.

In other words people using "Government is taking our personal freedoms..." as a way to get their way. I equate to another word people like to toss out there when they don't get there way... "unAmerican" / "Anti-American"

That is laughable. And by the way, I do believe in what's right or the best for ALL Americans. Is that means changes for some, oh well get over yourself. Think of the greater good of or country.

Let me tell you about another group that was thinking of the greater good. They were called Nazis.

Yeah...!@#$ that stupid Declaration of Independence and Constitution....who needs them? "Get over yourself."

This is not banning salt or a happy meal toy. This mandate is violating one of the primary pillars on which the Country was founded. Why dont you get that?

BTW...what else do you think the Government should "require" us to buy....for the public good?

Edited by RkFast

So do you think that is a good option to escape the mandate for health insurance as well?

No, just countering the you MUST have car insurance argument. As others have mentioned, when you drive you are puting OTHERS at risk and need to have a way to cover damages. That's all it is, bond or insurance is no matter. No one but me will suffer if I have no health insurance.