Time Warner Cable fees

PhilsBills

With virtually every service (phone, internet, cable), package/tier, etc. that TWC offers increasing in price, has anyone had any luck with getting them to reduce these by threatening to leave, etc.? I remember a DTV thread on here about the sunday ticket that outlined a way to get DTV to drop the price significantly. Thanks in advance.

Hit and miss. They wouldn't budge significantly on NHL Center Ice, but they gave me all premiums for $5 a month (total!). I can't complain.

Your best bet is to simply tell them the maximum amount you'll pay and see how they respond.

I have never had any luck with Time Warner budging on anything...while I like their product, overall, their corporate approach to everything pisses me off. About two years ago, my girlfriends daughter was statying with us. Being novice "On Demand" users (tv stuff is always my job) they somehow managed to order the same movie, on demand, 4 times on the same day..it was a 24 hour "rental", meaing you order it, you have access to the movie for 24 hours. I got my cable bill, and noticed it was a little high. There, on the list of services, were 4 purchases for the same movie, on the same day. I called, figuring it was an oversight on their part, but they informed me that the movie had been ordered 4 times, thust the quadruple charge...even though the person I was speaking with admitted it was an obvious error (on our part, not theirs) they couldn't do anything to "fix it"...so, like I said, although I like Time Warners product overall, I think their customer service blows.

I have never had any luck with Time Warner budging on anything...while I like their product, overall, their corporate approach to everything pisses me off. About two years ago, my girlfriends daughter was statying with us. Being novice "On Demand" users (tv stuff is always my job) they somehow managed to order the same movie, on demand, 4 times on the same day..it was a 24 hour "rental", meaing you order it, you have access to the movie for 24 hours. I got my cable bill, and noticed it was a little high. There, on the list of services, were 4 purchases for the same movie, on the same day. I called, figuring it was an oversight on their part, but they informed me that the movie had been ordered 4 times, thust the quadruple charge...even though the person I was speaking with admitted it was an obvious error (on our part, not theirs) they couldn't do anything to "fix it"...so, like I said, although I like Time Warners product overall, I think their customer service blows.

There's a reason DirecTV (and Dish) customer service is constantly rated higher than cable (and why cable is always very low) -- and this example proves it out.

There's a reason DirecTV (and Dish) customer service is constantly rated higher than cable (and why cable is always very low) -- and this example proves it out.

The only thing i dont like about Direct tv is that you have to wait a week for them to come out and fix something. When I had comcast they came the next day.

With virtually every service (phone, internet, cable), package/tier, etc. that TWC offers increasing in price, has anyone had any luck with getting them to reduce these by threatening to leave, etc.? I remember a DTV thread on here about the sunday ticket that outlined a way to get DTV to drop the price significantly. Thanks in advance.

Recenly I told TW I was considering a switch to FIOS, but would renew my subscription if they lowered the price or even threw in free Showtime for a year. They said bye....So I have FIOS and called after 2 months to try and lower my price and they took $20 off for a year.

Recenly I told TW I was considering a switch to FIOS, but would renew my subscription if they lowered the price or even threw in free Showtime for a year. They said bye....So I have FIOS and called after 2 months to try and lower my price and they took $20 off for a year.

They threw in showtime when I threatened to leave, surprised they wouldn't do the same for you. Try back when your $20 off rate ends and I bet they will. You do need to get to second level support though.

I was going to continue service with TW earlier this fall but opted out of it, mostly due to money issues and I told them as much. It was a decision I was certain of, but they called me a few times asking about lowering the price etc. It is funny, it is cheaper to get internet/phone/dig cable ($99) as a tier then just internet and dig cable.

They said $65/month vs. $99 one time and I said I would think about it. When they called back I told them I would not pay more then $45. A local provider here can do internet for $16/month and simple cable for $29. They said no and that was that. I would always ask for a lower rate, but then again I personally always think the price for something is just an offer and is always negotiable.

It is funny, it is cheaper to get internet/phone/dig cable ($99) as a tier then just internet and dig cable

It's all about numbers -- the more subscribers, the better your company looks to investors, the more money you get.

I have Comcast for my broadband. They then told me that if I get "lifeline cable" (basically the locals and public access channels) for $8/month, they could knock $15/month off of my broadband bill. :unsure: So I have cable TV through Comcast, I just never actually use it, just to save my company $7/month (I expense my broadband due to my job), and Comcast gets to claim me as a cable TV subscriber.

NYT: Rabbit Ears Perk Up for Free HDTV

And supplement with Hulu/Netflix/www.channelsurfing.net

This is what I do, canceled my cable subscription about a year ago. I do plan on paying for Hulu Plus soon, though.

The only downside is sports, and for me mostly just college football (the Bills are hardly ever on TV anyway and I have no plans on paying for Sunday Ticket). I was out of the country this year during most of the season, so I didn't have to worry about it, but next season I'll have to figure out what I want to do. May have to sign up for cable for a few months each year. Though I may be able to get what I want between ESPN 3, sports bars and the occasional streaming site.

DirecTV may be nicer, but, depending on whou you talk to, they are pretty incompetant...Time Warner is efficient, I will give them that. I have had very few problems with their product, but when I have, they have reacted immediately. I have a freind, who lives out on the outskirts of town, in Driftwood, TX, outside of Austin. He has had nothing but bad luck with DirecTV. If it weren't for the NFL Ticket, he would dump it in a heartbeat. My borther, in Atlanta, has similar luck. It seems that DirecTV is more willing than able, at times. It also sounds as if the quality of their customer service varies, depending on where you live.

I really hate the pay-TV companies at this point . . .