Back from vacation

Fezmid

I didn't want to post this until I had some pictures to share -- but here they are. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43777639@N06/sets/72157625584226062/

(can't seem to link it without it wanting to be a media link... So here's the direct link)

www.flickr.com/photos/43777639@N06/sets/72157625584226062

The trip was AMAZING. We started in Barcelona for five days, then went on a 12 day cruise to Italy, Greece, Egypt, and Malta. The photos are all unedited at this point, but are a good sample representation.

The pictures that look like statues (the silver guy and the bronze guy) are actually people who dress up on La Rambla in Barcelona and start moving when you give them money. No idea how the bronze guy was floating like that though -- very weird, and he drew a big crowd.

The pyramids were AWESOME. The only downside is that there are pushy street vendors EVERYWHERE, getting in your face trying to sell your crap. They jump in front of your camera too, then say, "You took my picture, $1." It's totally ridiculous. Then again, the average salary for someone over there is roughly $200 American, so I can see why they're trying to get money from the tourists...

It looks like we got back at the right time too -- if we would've taken the next cruise out, we would've dealt with this!

http://www.huffingto...o_n_795743.html

http://cruisingnut.b...brilliance.html

It's good to be back though!

Great pics Fez. I love both Barcelona and Athens. Never been to Egypt or Malta. If I'm not mistaken Brilliance is the same as Radiance, those are great ships. Welcome home and like you said, just in time!

Yup, Brilliance is a Radiance class. We actually took the Radiance of the Seas from San Diego to Hawaii and back again a few years ago. It was weird being on a different ship this time, but knowing exactly where everything was located. :)

Did you run into any other BILLS Fans?

I usually try to wear a Bills Jacket or hat and it's amazing the people I've met who are from Buffalo too.

Two of the people we were seated with at dinner were from Rochester, NY. He works for the University of Rochester and is also a fire investigator and his wife works for B&L. It was cool to talk with people from "home.."

I met lots of other Bills fans on the ship too. One guy from Toronto (who became a fan when the Bills started playing games up there - so I guess Ralph knows what he's doing?). Another guy from Australia (who now lives in China) who started watching the Bills during the glory years. And a few others I'm just not remembering right now. It was pretty cool. :)

Met another Bills fan in the Atlanta airport on the way home as well. We're everywhere! :D

The guy "levitating"- the staff is a pipe that goes up his sleeve,and down his side to the platform he is sitting on.

I still don't see how that works... I realize the staff is doing most of the work, but I still don't see how he isn't tipping over. It's not like the staff was impaled in the ground or anything.... :unsure:

The pictures that look like statues (the silver guy and the bronze guy) are actually people who dress up on La Rambla in Barcelona and start moving when you give them money. No idea how the bronze guy was floating like that though -- very weird, and he drew a big crowd.

It's good to be back though!

So do Illinois politicians so I fail to see the significance. :)

Welcome back and thanks for sharing the pics.