Battle For The Basement:

Astrobot

DraftTek now has the Bills drafting 5th in April, with ARI now drafting ahead of us.

I had a site visitor ask,

"So how do the 3-9 Cardinals get to draft ahead of the 2-10 Bengals and Bills?"

He has a point.

CAR has ATL (10 wins), ARI (3 wins), PGH (9) and ATL (10) again, (32 wins combined) and may win 1 more game for a total of 2 wins. PREDICTION: 2-14.

CIN has PGH away (9 wins), then CLE home (5), SD (6), and BAL (8), teams with 28 combined wins. They have a realistic chance to win 1 game, giving them a 3-win record. PREDICTION: 3-13.

DET has GB (8 wins), TB (7), MIA (6), and MIN(5)--26 wins combined. 2-10 now with 1 realistic win. PREDICTION: 3-13.

BUF has CLE (5 wins), then MIA (6), NEP (10), and NYJ (9), teams with 30 combined wins. This Sunday is their only realistic shot, and possibly MIA. PREDICTION: 3-13. Victories over DET and CIN give us the 4th pick.

ARI has DEN (3 wins) at home this week, then CAR (1 win), DAL (4) and SF(4), teams with 12 combined wins. They have a good chance to win at least 2 more games, finishing them behind the Bills. PREDICTION: 5-11.

DraftTek now has the Bills drafting 5th in April, with ARI now drafting ahead of us.

He has a point.

CAR has ATL (10 wins), ARI (3 wins), PGH (9) and ATL (10) again, (32 wins combined) and may win 1 more game for a total of 2 wins. PREDICTION: 2-14.

CIN has PGH away (9 wins), then CLE home (5), SD (6), and BAL (8), teams with 28 combined wins. They have a realistic chance to win 1 game, giving them a 3-win record. PREDICTION: 3-13.

DET has GB (8 wins), TB (7), MIA (6), and MIN(5)--26 wins combined. 2-10 now with 1 realistic win. PREDICTION: 3-13.

BUF has CLE (5 wins), then MIA (6), NEP (10), and NYJ (9), teams with 30 combined wins. This Sunday is their only realistic shot, and possibly MIA. PREDICTION: 3-13. Victories over DET and CIN give us the 4th pick.

ARI has DEN (3 wins) at home this week, then CAR (1 win), DAL (4) and SF(4), teams with 12 combined wins. They have a good chance to win at least 2 more games, finishing them behind the Bills. PREDICTION: 5-11.

I want to say the head to head record againt det/cin doesn't matter. A couple years ago we had lost to SF (had the same overall record) but ended up drafting after them because our strength of schedule was higher implying we were a better team. Has that changed?

I want to say the head to head record againt det/cin doesn't matter. A couple years ago we had lost to SF (had the same overall record) but ended up drafting after them because our strength of schedule was higher implying we were a better team. Has that changed?

The Bills have a stronger strength of schedule than Detroit or Cincinnati so would draft after them. Projecting, the Bills also have the strongest upcoming schedule as well, so losing ground to move up in the draft is unlikely (edit: assuming the standings stay the same). If the Bills can catch the Cardinals or Broncos with another win, they'd lose another draft position (edit: again, assuming everything else stays the same).

Edit: In fact, I believe the Bills have the highest SoS of any team in the NFL, so they'll pick last in whatever W-L group they finish in (assuming that is still the case at the end of the season). A 6-10 finish would let them draft 18th as of today.

He has a point.

Ok - how do we pick 5th in this scenario? Or are you saying you disagree with drafttek?

I could see Det winning 2 games and us winning none or 1 and drafting 3, but I think its teh 4th spot for us.

1. Luck

2. Bowers

3. Fairley

4. Quinn/Dareus

All underclassman, lets hope they declare.

VERY TRUE!!!! All that matters with a tied record is strength of schedule...