Bills should pick up vince young

superbills315

so should we take a look at vince young he is a good QB if he can keep his head on straight, personally i would like to draft a QB this year "luck" but if we cant get him locker or another QB in the 2 or 3 round and sit them and see what fitz can do next year and if he proves him self as a winner we keep him as the starter for long term, also we still dont know what brohm can do for peeps sake. no matter what i just hope we dont f up the draft this year.....GO BILLS!!!!

so should we take a look at vince young he is a good QB if he can keep his head on straight, personally i would like to draft a QB this year "luck" but if we cant get him locker or another QB in the 2 or 3 round and sit them and see what fitz can do next year and if he proves him self as a winner we keep him as the starter for long term, also we still dont know what brohm can do for peeps sake. no matter what i just hope we dont f up the draft this year.....GO BILLS!!!!

Vince has a lot of physical talent but unfortunately he has some major technical difficulties going on in his noggin. I'd say be very very wary of him. I know Chan can work wonders with qb's but if a qb can't keep his head in order then there is only so much a coach can do.

Edited by Pilsner

Take it from a guy who has the University of Texas in his backyard - no, we dont want Vince.

Take it from a guy who has the University of Texas in his backyard - no, we dont want Vince.

I agree with you. This latest episode with Young (throwing his shoulder pads into the stands, leaving the locker room despite Michael Griffin's attempts to call him back) is telling in that not even his teammates are sticking up for the guy (except for Kenny Britt). This is another low-water mark for his career…right down there with his "suicide attempt." He is a spoiled prima dona who can't deal with even an ounce of adversity.

BUT…I was totally convinced that Michael Vick would not resurrect his career the way he has. Obviously I was very wrong about that.

What if suddenly "the light goes on" for Vince Young?

If he could ever get his head on straight...

I agree with you. This latest episode with Young (throwing his shoulder pads into the stands, leaving the locker room despite Michael Griffin's attempts to call him back) is telling in that not even his teammates are sticking up for the guy (except for Kenny Britt). This is another low-water mark for his career…right down there with his "suicide attempt." He is a spoiled prima dona who can't deal with even an ounce of adversity.

BUT…I was totally convinced that Michael Vick would not resurrect his career the way he has. Obviously I was very wrong about that.

What if suddenly "the light goes on" for Vince Young?

If he could ever get his head on straight...

It'll be when he's out of money and he watched his repossessed Mercedes being hauled away by the repo man.

Maybe he's got James Hardy's number. They could work out together and make themselves a package deal somewhere - like maybe in the CFL.

And then there is Jamarcus Russell…apparently he tried out with the Redskins about a month ago and weighed in at 286 pounds.

Now in my mind there is NO WAY that guy ever has a successful NFL career. With Vince Young, I still think there's a glimmer of hope.

And maybe you hit on the issue, Nanker.

Vick lost everything and is still heavily in debt.

Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell are financially set for life…at least in theory.

Its true of any position in pro football that physical ability is not enough, but it is especially true of the quarterback position. I think Vince Young has all the God given ability needed to be a very good NFL quarterback and unlike Jamarcus I don't think that he is a weak willed fat slob rip of artist. I think he has a competitive mindset and the will to win. Unfortunately IMO he also has the maturation age of a high strung spoiled teenager. As long as that is the case he will never be able to lead an NFL team. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a leader who has the respect of his teammates.

Living in the Austin area I'm sure you have a much better insight into Young and his escapades than most of us. It seems to me from afar that he is emotionally unstable and fragile. I also sense that he is lacking in intellect. I'm not tryiing to be funny and cruel. One of the many reasons his HC, Fisher, one of the best in the game, has seemed to give up on him is he and the coaches are tired of his lack of work ethic and his inability to grasp a more complicated and advanced offense. So after a few years in the pros they still have to keep a very simple offense in place to accomodate him. Am I offbase and being unfair in my opinion of him?

Where I will give Young credit is his winning record is quite impressive, even with all the diva escapades.

I don't want the guy. I'm high on Fitz. If we can draft Luck, I'd take him, otherwise, build up the O and D-Lines.