I need your good thoughts boys!!!

plenzmd1

Hope you find him. Is he microchipped? Pets will shock you - once a former girlfriends cat took off out of my apartment in a new city to him. I assumed he was a goner. The girlfriend freaked - tears, insanity - lo and behold about ten hours later hear thump thump on the door. Guess who was there? He just looked up like what the :censored: is your problem? Walked in and found his food bowl.

I had a friend who's dog took off and turned up about 8 hrs away in a new state. It took a couple weeks and he ended up hitching a ride on the highway to get there. They were reunited via a website listing,

Edited by NoSaint

My brother lives in West Seneca. His dog got out and disappeared. He was found 10 days later near Versailles Plank Road in Evans. Followed the tracks and the person who found him saw him munching on a wild turkey he killed. Was Ok- passed the bones ok. My graduate advisor's cat disappeared. He thought it was dead. It walked into a house down the street when people were moving out. It got locked inside for several days and when the new people moved in, they found him.

Don't give up hope.

No luck yet..all the sites craiglist etc all out, along with emails to all the neighborhhods around here as weel as using a service that makes 1000 calls to the neighborhoods alerting people that he is lost. Kids home last night, and that was rough telling them.

Thx for all the thoughts..we will keep hoping!

Edited by plenzmd1

Keep plugging, my dog has a similar routine, takes off and circles back from a differenrt direction in the woods, but it is a smaller area not quite like what you are in. Keep the faith, he may surprise you, Hoping for the best.

My dog be missing..and i am awful wooried bout the big oaf.Wife and a freind of hers takes him and the friends dog for a daily walk down near the James River here on heavily wooded land. The dogs always take off and go for a romp in the woods, and for the last three years they always meet up back at the car. Today, as they got near the car, some deer showed and they both took off after them. The other dog came back after 50 minutes, my dog a no show. That was at 8 this morning, and we have been looking for him ever since.Funny as we have the other thread bout pets named after Buffalo sports guys, and while I have not been able to post there, this guy is. I wanted to name him Braxton, kids did not love it so we went with Baxter..still Braxton in my mind. He is a big ole (85 lbs and bone skinny)rescue yellow lab/pit/somthing else mix, and just an awesome dog.

I am supposed to be at a big swim meet with the family all weekend, but have decided to stay here just in case someone calls with him and to continue to look tomorrow. Being alone in the house is when you miss him most.Sitting here with tears in my eyes just writing this, fug wheres my dog!!!

Not being a religious guy, think good thoughts boys and send karma Richmond way.

consider yourself karmaed. If I lost my dog I'd lose my mind...can't imagine your stress

Only good karma I can throw your way is that we actually found a dog 5 years ago or so. Actually he found us. A older Terrier that just kinda wandered into our yard. Was lost and ragged looking. We took him in. Bathed him and he had no tags. We called the pounds, ARF and reported the dog with a description and held on to him. Sure enough a couple days later they found the owner. Turns out the poor guy was on meds and didn't have all his **** together. The owners were having some sort of construction going on in their back yard and he escaped. All the luck to you and your pooch.

No news yet, but wanted to let everybody know of a service that actually has been a big help. It is this

http://www.findtoto.com/

Phone service that sends out a blast VM to 500 homes around where your pet was lost. Have gotten quite a few calls from people saying they will be on the lookout, what does he like to eat etc. Was not cheap, but think it was worth it.Not that it would have made a difference in this situation being lost in the woods,but wish I had found this place on Friday rather than Saturday afternoon. I think if a pet was lost from your yard or something, getting these calls out ASAP would be a great help.

Keeping the faith :thumbsup:

No news yet, but wanted to let everybody know of a service that actually has been a big help. It is this

http://www.findtoto.com/

Phone service that sends out a blast VM to 500 homes around where your pet was lost. Have gotten quite a few calls from people saying they will be on the lookout, what does he like to eat etc. Was not cheap, but think it was worth it.Not that it would have made a difference in this situation being lost in the woods,but wish I had found this place on Friday rather than Saturday afternoon. I think if a pet was lost from your yard or something, getting these calls out ASAP would be a great help.

Keeping the faith :thumbsup:

Any news?

• 1 month later...

Quick update...Baxter never did come home. We miss him, and he will always hold a special place for us. We still hope he was just such an awesome dog, someone found him, and decided to keep him, and he is in a warm home with people that love him as we did.

But, we have just today adopted another stray. Friend of a friend deal, friends sister is a vet, and these pups came in from under a vacant in Richmond.They needed a home and love and have had no human contact until 4 days ago. Animal control has seen the mom, she looks mostly lab, but this little guy has a blackish tonque so i am thinking chow in there, and being from central richmond most likely some pit as well. He is still very shy, but he just came home with us today. They think 7 or 8 weeks old is about the right age.

I wanted to name him Peca, so when I got mad at him could say"Peca Head", stop that!!!!

But, kids wanted Fitzy, so Fitzy it is :thumbsup:

Fitz, don't fail me now..Faith in Fitzy :D

Plus, we are hoping for some good Karma and now that we have adopted another..maybe Baxie shows back up and we will have two.

Wanted to post a picture, but have no ideaq how to do that.

Edited by plenzmd1

Quick update...Baxter never did come home. We miss him, and he will always hold a special place for us. We still hope he was just such an awesome dog, someone found him, and decided to keep him, and he is in a warm home with people that love him as we did.

But, we have just today adopted another stray. Friend of a friend deal, friends sister is a vet, and these pups came in from under a vacant in Richmond.They needed a home and love and have had no human contact until 4 days ago. Animal control has seen the mom, she looks mostly lab, but this little guy has a blackish tonque so i am thinking chow in there, and being from central richmond most likely some pit as well. He is still very shy, but he just came home with us today. They think 7 or 8 weeks old is about the right age.

I wanted to name him Peca, so when I got mad at him could say"Peca Head", stop that!!!!

But, kids wanted Fitzy, so Fitzy it is :thumbsup:

Fitz, don't fail me now..Faith in Fitzy :D

Plus, we are hoping for some good Karma and now that we have adopted another..maybe Baxie shows back up and we will have two.

Wanted to post a picture, but have no ideaq how to do that.

Good for you man. :thumbsup: Fitzy! Nice. Keep hope that Baxie is living the good life somewhere and will get tired of it and come home. :thumbsup: