I need your good thoughts boys!!!

plenzmd1

My dog be missing..and i am awful wooried bout the big oaf.Wife and a freind of hers takes him and the friends dog for a daily walk down near the James River here on heavily wooded land. The dogs always take off and go for a romp in the woods, and for the last three years they always meet up back at the car. Today, as they got near the car, some deer showed and they both took off after them. The other dog came back after 50 minutes, my dog a no show. That was at 8 this morning, and we have been looking for him ever since.Funny as we have the other thread bout pets named after Buffalo sports guys, and while I have not been able to post there, this guy is. I wanted to name him Braxton, kids did not love it so we went with Baxter..still Braxton in my mind. He is a big ole (85 lbs and bone skinny)rescue yellow lab/pit/somthing else mix, and just an awesome dog.

I am supposed to be at a big swim meet with the family all weekend, but have decided to stay here just in case someone calls with him and to continue to look tomorrow. Being alone in the house is when you miss him most.Sitting here with tears in my eyes just writing this, fug wheres my dog!!!

Not being a religious guy, think good thoughts boys and send karma Richmond way.

Any chance you can go back to the spot where he was a no-show earlier? Dogs are pretty smart. He may go back there.

..Yep great thought..we been there pretty much all day..he is a a lab and always finds is way back..why i so nervous he is hurt or just plain lost back there.He knows that area well..just hoping he is still breathing somewhere, he is a strong dog, he can survive a ton

I should add e the dog has kinda been adopted b the neighborhood..must have been at least 12 folks out there looking for him today..lots o tears..but i still believe the boy is coming back

Edited by plenzmd1

Hope So Deano..good thoughts bring good results!!!

The Law of Attraction my friend. I wish you the best with the search and I wish your dog safety while he's out there looking for his way back to you. I don't know what I would do if my dog went missing, so good luck with this all.

Any good news?

not yet..started down at the river at 7 this morning with 4 other guys, we just got back in. Pretty convinced he is not down there, he is either at the bottom of the James river or he is way lost somewhere..just hoping for the best now

Hate to say it plez... Don't deer get wacko during the rut... And this is right when it is winding down. Here is hoping he didn't get clobbered by a pissed off white-tail that couldn't no poon-tang.

more worried bout him being shot..but to yellow to me mistaken i believe. All teh sheletrs and lost petsites, craiglist, etc...now just to hoping he ain't in pain anywhere. If he be dead...well,his daily romps down there made him a happy boy..but I am giving a few more days till i get there. Pretty sure he is not down there..as we have covered every piece of ground down there, and its not to dense.

Heres to hopingh :thumbsup:

more worried bout him being shot..but to yellow to me mistaken i believe. All teh sheletrs and lost petsites, craiglist, etc...now just to hoping he ain't in pain anywhere. If he be dead...well,his daily romps down there made him a happy boy..but I am giving a few more days till i get there. Pretty sure he is not down there..as we have covered every piece of ground down there, and its not to dense.

Heres to hopingh :thumbsup:

Yeah keep hope alive... Wow, this really sucks... Hope somebody will find him. Is it a very large area? It is amazing how far dogs will roam... One time my friend had his two dogs get out through a gate they pushed open... Amazingly they were about 10 miles away and got picked up by animal control... A few days later he got a call that he had to come "bail" them out... Cost him about 200 bucks! I mean, you heard about bailing out say your children... But your dogs? :wallbash: His shepherd mix was the ring leader know doubt among the two!

Again... Good luck, it may take a few days before somebody can corral him... Check around many miles and see if people spotted him, it may be a lead.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

My dog be missing..and i am awful wooried bout the big oaf.Wife and a freind of hers takes him and the friends dog for a daily walk down near the James River here on heavily wooded land. The dogs always take off and go for a romp in the woods, and for the last three years they always meet up back at the car. Today, as they got near the car, some deer showed and they both took off after them. The other dog came back after 50 minutes, my dog a no show. That was at 8 this morning, and we have been looking for him ever since.Funny as we have the other thread bout pets named after Buffalo sports guys, and while I have not been able to post there, this guy is. I wanted to name him Braxton, kids did not love it so we went with Baxter..still Braxton in my mind. He is a big ole (85 lbs and bone skinny)rescue yellow lab/pit/somthing else mix, and just an awesome dog.

I am supposed to be at a big swim meet with the family all weekend, but have decided to stay here just in case someone calls with him and to continue to look tomorrow. Being alone in the house is when you miss him most.Sitting here with tears in my eyes just writing this, fug wheres my dog!!!

Not being a religious guy, think good thoughts boys and send karma Richmond way.

Hope you find him . . .