Who better to head the House Appropriations committee

Peace

Way to "get it," Republicans. This is almost too incredible to be true. Earmarks are not the end of the world but I am constantly stunned by the stupidity of the right. This next Congress is shaping up just like the guys who are about to leave.

But the longtime congressman Harold "Hal" Rogers has a very long list of earmarks under his belt, a fact that may rankle the new guard of spend-averse Tea Partiers. "I don't think the response is going to be good," conservative Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., said on Hugh Hewitt's radio show.

In 2010 alone, Rogers came close to scoring $100 million worth of so-called pork.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/10/gop-taps-prince-pork-lead-committee-overseeing-federal-spending/

Way to "get it," Republicans. This is almost too incredible to be true. Earmarks are not the end of the world but I am constantly stunned by the stupidity of the right. This next Congress is shaping up just like the guys who are about to leave.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/10/gop-taps-prince-pork-lead-committee-overseeing-federal-spending/

Since when have Republicans ever cut spending? Change where the money is spent yep, but except for lip service what overall budget cut or actual decrease in national debt can you point towards to show that Republicans care about debt or deficits.

Im a right wing hack and even Im not surprised by this.

It's amazing. For the chairman of the appropriations committee FFS. If the Tea Partiers and true fiscal conservatives--and the fiscally conservative dems (if they are willing to break ranks) don't break with the parties soon, we are truly in deep trouble. The time to form up a new party is right NOW. Limit the issues to fiscal ones and just start a party already.

It's amazing. For the chairman of the appropriations committee FFS. If the Tea Partiers and true fiscal conservatives--and the fiscally conservative dems (if they are willing to break ranks) don't break with the parties soon, we are truly in deep trouble. The time to form up a new party is right NOW. Limit the issues to fiscal ones and just start a party already.

There is only one party the corporate party and you will bow your heads.

I will reserve judgement until he actually does something.. We will see if he "gets" it and I would hope that the incoming Tea Partiers will hold him accountable.

There is only one party the corporate party and you will bow your heads.

And I don't know about you, but I came from "nothing" and am happy with what I have. Why? Because I earned it.

Are you happy with your life?

Since when have Republicans ever cut spending? Change where the money is spent yep, but except for lip service what overall budget cut or actual decrease in national debt can you point towards to show that Republicans care about debt or deficits.

Neither side cuts spending. It's fun to watch the Republicans begin their "leadership" by doing the very things that will get them punted out. The never ending cycle of stupidity won't end until the 2 party system does.