Leaner Meaner Government

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SARAH!SARAH! SARAH!!

Nothing like a Palin supporter to put this into perspective!

First, find a post where I ever supported Palin as anything other than a person who makes liberals pee their pants. You can't.

Second, the state decided that it could not afford to pay for the child's surgery, without which the child will die. A group of people at the state -- let's call it, oh, I don't know, a "panel" of people -- made this decision.

Sounds like the government got into providing health care, couldn't take care of everyone because they ran out of money, and started making decisions on who should die.

A death panel.

Can you explain to me where I am misrepresenting the article you just posted?

First, find a post where I ever supported Palin as anything other than a person who makes liberals pee their pants. You can't.

Second, the state decided that it could not afford to pay for the child's surgery, without which the child will die. A group of people at the state -- let's call it, oh, I don't know, a "panel" of people -- made this decision.

Sounds like the government got into providing health care, couldn't take care of everyone because they ran out of money, and started making decisions on who should die.

A death panel.

And a chilled wind blows over Norfolk

A death panel.

:worthy:

Of course he'll spin that into "Palin Palin Palin" and conner will come back with, "GO WIKILEAKS"

A death panel.

Nope, you are absolutely right, the state decided the tax payers were more important than this child's life. We are living in a time period where the rich really are getting much richer--much richer--and everyone else is starting to get left behind.

And a chilled wind blows over Norfolk

So a kid is left to die and you instead attack in a partisan manner? You are a partisan are you not?

So the state of Indiana has a death panel? Interesting.

Yeah...but it's Medicaid. Functionally, Medicaid's been a death panel for years.

We are living in a time period where the rich really are getting much richer--much richer--and everyone else is starting to get left behind.

Class warfare rocks!

So a kid is left to die and you instead attack in a partisan manner? You are a partisan are you not?

Arguments to sympathy rarely work, in part because they end up being bizarre non-sequiters like this one, but mostly becaue people that make them tend to be a bit soft in the head like yourself.

Please point us to where it says the state is responsible for keeping people alive.

Yeah...but it's Medicaid. Functionally, Medicaid's been a death panel for years.

Class warfare rocks!

Arguments to sympathy rarely work, in part because they end up being bizarre non-sequiters like this one, but mostly becaue people that make them tend to be a bit soft in the head like yourself.

Please point us to where it says the state is responsible for keeping people alive.

Well then I certainly want all the money back that was spent on the TSA and I thought all that applause of resources spent on attacking Wikileaks was about the potential of loss of life from someone, somewhere, somehow at sometime- the cognitive dissonance displayed on this board is astounding.

Well then I certainly want all the money back that was spent on the TSA

So do I.

and I thought all that applause of resources spent on attacking Wikileaks was about the potential of loss of life from someone, somewhere, somehow at sometime- the cognitive dissonance displayed on this board is astounding.

Because the government being responsible for providing work environment safety consistent with the work being performed by government employees and contractors is the same thing as providing experimental organ donations to the general populace. You really are soft in the head.

So do I.

Because the government being responsible for providing work environment safety consistent with the work being performed by government employees and contractors is the same thing as providing experimental organ donations to the general populace. You really are soft in the head.

Wait I thought you were against that, along with any environmental safety regulations, or product safety regulation. I really hope if you are truly for the protection of government employees then you were against the Iraq war- when all the given reasons for the war have been disproved- no WMD, no Al Qaeda, improving Iraqi lives? minimum 66,000 Iraqi civilians killed, 2 million displaced, electrical, portable water, sewage and waste infrastructure still nowhere near prewar level, torture still widespread and now the United States is complicit , Or if you were for the war how about at least wanting so righteous fury to come down on Halliburton for providing provided contaminated water to Soldiers

or soldiers killed by faulty wiring link2 or maybe you could at least admit that a whistleblower like say Dr Aaron Westrick who exposed that "Second Chance Bulletproof Vests" were defective actually saves lives
Washington D.C. February 23, 2010. Today, Judge Richard W. Roberts of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia denied Toyobo's motion to dismiss a major suit regarding the sale of millions of dollars of defective bulletproof vests.

Dr. Aaron Westrick filed the suit under the Federal False Claims Act in 2004, and the U.S. government formally joined the suit in 2005. The suit alleges that Toyobo conspired with Second Chance Body Armor, Inc. to sell defective body armor made of Toyobo's Zylon material. Toyobo is a large, Japanese manufacturing company, which is publicly traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (stock code 3101).

Thousands of vests were sold to police departments across the United States and the federal government. One police officer was killed and others were injured as a result of the use of defective Zylon in vests. The suit alleges that Toyobo and the companies who sold these vests knew about Zylon defects and concealed this information from their customers.

The court denied Toyobo's motion to dismiss on all counts. The court found evidence that "Toyobo knew and participated" in fraudulent activity, "intended to defraud buyers of Zylon vests," and "decided not to warn customers in December 2001" of the defective Zylon.

Dr. Aaron Westrick, former research director for Second Chance who blew the whistle on this dangerous fraud said, "I am grateful for this decision. Back in 2001 I asked that police departments be warned that the Zylon vests they were selling were degrading. I was ignored, threatened, harassed and eventually fired. I had no choice but to file a whistleblower case to bring these crimes to the attention of the American people. I thank the honorable police officers and the Justice Department officials who have supported my efforts to bring Toyobo to justice. My thoughts go out to Jamie Zeppetella who lost her husband Tony, and Edward Limbacher who suffered permanant injuries, both as a result of Toyobo's defective vests."

Second Chance failed to warn customers of the defective vests for over three years after obtaining multi-million dollar "rebates" from Toyobo.

Wait I thought you were against that, along with any environmental safety regulations, or product safety regulation. I really hope if you are truly for the protection of government employees then you were against the Iraq war- when all the given reasons for the war have been disproved- no WMD, no Al Qaeda, improving Iraqi lives? minimum 66,000 Iraqi civilians killed, 2 million displaced, electrical, portable water, sewage and waste infrastructure still nowhere near prewar level, torture still widespread and now the United States is complicit , Or if you were for the war how about at least wanting so righteous fury to come down on Halliburton for providing provided contaminated water to Soldiers or soldiers killed by faulty wiring link2 or maybe you could at least admit that a whistleblower like say Dr Aaron Westrick who exposed that "Second Chance Bulletproof Vests" were defective actually saves lives

OMG, you actually posted words without a Youtube Link!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RrdwElnTU

Wait I thought you were against that, along with any environmental safety regulations, or product safety regulation. I really hope if you are truly for the protection of government employees then you were against the Iraq war- when all the given reasons for the war have been disproved- no WMD, no Al Qaeda, improving Iraqi lives? minimum 66,000 Iraqi civilians killed, 2 million displaced, electrical, portable water, sewage and waste infrastructure still nowhere near prewar level, torture still widespread and now the United States is complicit , Or if you were for the war how about at least wanting so righteous fury to come down on Halliburton for providing provided contaminated water to Soldiers

or soldiers killed by faulty wiring link2 or maybe you could at least admit that a whistleblower like say Dr Aaron Westrick who exposed that "Second Chance Bulletproof Vests" were defective actually saves lives

So you're now resorting to making incorrect assumptions about what I do and do not think based on an inaccurate interpretation of what I typed.

Why the !@#$ should I even bother having any sort of discussion with you, then?