Fitz is #5 in pro Bowl votes!

At about game 4 this year I started a topic of potential pro bowlers. I'd like to point that Fitz, Johnson, and Williams were all on my list and most ppl on this board thought I was high on peyote at the time. The year ain't over, there will be some suprises, I'm just putting it out there.

Ah peyote..... Good times.. Good times

You can keep quoting the record all you want. Anyone who has watched this team over the last 4 years knows this team is in a much better position heading into next season than it ever was going into an offseason during the Jauron era. I, for one, am encouraged for their near futue prospects by the way they have been competing. For a rebuilding team, that's more important than raw win totals.

The dismal record is absolutely a reflection on the limted number of talented players on the roster.How many games against winning teams have the Bills won this year? Zero. On what basis do you believe that the Bills are in a much better position than prior years heading into next season? There is no doubt that this year's version of the team is much more entertaining to watch on offense. That doesn't mean that they are significantly better than the three 7-9 Jauron teams.

The Bills are in a rebuilding mode. They are years away from being a seriously contending team. You might not accept that assessment but the owner does. His assessment is clear and simple: Pain and Patience.

Edited by JohnC

Good for Fitz. Like many though it is hard to jusity the QB from any 2-10 team being serioulsy considered for a pro bowl. I still have big hopes that he continues to improve and the Bills are not in need of a signal caller coem draft day.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Pro Bowls become such a joke these days and means nothing. It used to be such an honor, but lately its become such a chore. Nobody wants to play in it and its suffered because of it. Should i reiterate that David Garrard made the pro bowl last year? David Garrard.

Last year nine alternates replaced the leading vote getters for the pro bowl for the AFC squad. Thats a freakin joke.

You can't hit players. you can't blitz. you can't rush the kicker. No stunting, base 43 defense. :thumbdown:

Edited by DreReed83

He wins close games.

So it was Fitz's fault that Nelson fumbled the ball against the Ravens?

So it was Fitz's fault that Lindell missed that kick against the Chiefs?

So it was Fitz's fault that Stevie dropped that gift from god against the Steelers?

Fitz is such a loser...

I do watch the games in a very sober state. That is why I am confident in my position. The Bills will be fortunate to win more than 3 games this year. You find that to be very encouraging to their near future prospects. It is obvious my standards and yours vary a great deal. Accepting mediocrity will only get you more mediocrity.

It certainly means that there aren't enough good players to be good.

You should not have admitted that you were sober. Now you have no excuse.

At about game 4 this year I started a topic of potential pro bowlers. I'd like to point that Fitz, Johnson, and Williams were all on my list and most ppl on this board thought I was high on peyote at the time. The year ain't over, there will be some suprises, I'm just putting it out there.

Wow didn't think u could score peyote in the Buffalo area, Hooks a brother up!

Edited by snamsnoops

I was just re-watching that fumble recovery by Kyle Williams at buffalobills.com. Anyone notice how quickly he moved off the snap?! Amazing. He was two or three steps into the Browns backfield while the rest of the defensive front was just starting to move. Nice to see his hustle rewarded.

Pro Bowls become such a joke these days and means nothing. It used to be such an honor, but lately its become such a chore. Nobody wants to play in it and its suffered because of it. Should i reiterate that David Garrard made the pro bowl last year? David Garrard.

Last year nine alternates replaced the leading vote getters for the pro bowl for the AFC squad. Thats a freakin joke.

You can't hit players. you can't blitz. you can't rush the kicker. No stunting, base 43 defense. :thumbdown:

Does the a Pro Bowl nod mean that a player is demonstrably great?

NO! It shows an ignorance of the game to make that statement.

However, should getting a Pro Bowl nod be counted as meaning nothing as you state.

NO! It shows an ignorance of the game to make that statement.

A Pro Bowl nod proves nothing but particularly as it is produced from a shared decision bu 3 different groups who are not perfect in their views but all legit stakeholders to attempt to ignore this totally represents a refuge to pure views which do not fully describe reality.

The Pro Bowl nod is actually a useful tool not to assert for sure a player is great but as a not unreasonable indicator of positive production.

This is just reality and as we often see on the internet or in the mainstream media you have a right to totally ignore reality if you choose.

If 2 of Rivers, Manning, or Brady get hurt, go to the Super Bowl, or just don't feel like playing - we'll have a Pro Bowl QB :w00t: :<_<

How far have the Bills fallen so that us fans are excited about our QB being 2nd alternate :(

Sorry to say this but even if Kelly was the QB of this Team and we were winning Manning and Brady would be there over him not sure about Rivers.