Urban Meyer stepping down...

ACor58

But typically, not through the press.

Classy and serious job applicants typically do this in a more professional manner.

And so, when a reporter/columnist calls him and asks if he's interested in a particular opening, he should say what?

I don't see Leach's name as the by-line on any of the links I or anyone else cite. Are you saying there's some way for him to stop writers with space to fill and deadlines to meet from speculating about him whenever a new HC opening occurs?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And so, when a reporter/columnist calls him and asks if he's interested in a particular opening, he should say what?

I don't see Leach's name as the by-line on any of the links I or anyone else cite. Are you saying there's some way for him to stop writers with space to fill and deadlines to meet from speculating about him whenever a new HC opening occurs?

A. I'd bet Leach, or his reps, calls reporters.

B. The proper response is something along the lines of, "I have no comment about that particular opening. I'm looking forward to getting back on the sidelines. Hopefully I'll find the right fit in the near future." You know, something with subtlety and class.

Leach's public leg humping is a bit unseemly.

A. I'd bet Leach, or his reps, calls reporters.

B. The proper response is something along the lines of, "I have no comment about that particular opening. I'm looking forward to getting back on the sidelines. Hopefully I'll find the right fit in the near future." You know, something with subtlety and class.

Leach's public leg humping is a bit unseemly.

Actually, what's ' unseemly ' is your purely speculative statement that he calls reporters, and your characterization of Leach taking a columnists call and having any sort of dialog as ' leg-humping '. :rolleyes:

Actually, what's ' unseemly ' is your purely speculative statement that he calls reporters, and your characterization of Leach taking a columnists call and having any sort of dialog as ' leg-humping '. :rolleyes:

At first you defended his public grubbing for a job as OK, since he is looking for a job. Now you are suggesting he is simply responding to report's questions.

Which is it?

Sorry, Ron Zook's players won that title. Not Cryer's.

If his health was that bad, he should have stepped down after last season. He's stepping down to avoid further embarrassment that shows he can't design a functioning offense when he doesn't have the son of God playing QB.

I am no fan of Florida or Myer or Utah.. I will say that Alex Smith isn't the son of god but Myer made him very good in functioning offense. Just saying

Interesting quote from Bills wideout and former Gator David Nelson on Coach Meyer:

"I can't say I'm surprised because talking to him this year I could sense the feeling that he was kind of burned out," the former Gators standout said Thursday. "This season kind of wore on him a little bit. I'm saddened by it, just because I know what kind of person he is and what a good coach he is. He develops young men and sends them off better than when he got 'em. But I'm happy for him. Talking to him a little bit [Wednesday], I think he's happy with the decision. So that's all I want for him."

"He has his hand on every aspect of the game and the program," Nelson said. "He knows the players' moms and dads and girlfriends, the wives, the kids, what their GPA is, what classes they're taking. He has his hands on every single thing."

"He has his hand on every aspect of the game and the program," Nelson said. "He knows the players' moms and dads and girlfriends, the wives, the kids, what their GPA is, what classes they're taking. He has his hands on every single thing."[/i]

He had his hands on the player's girlfriends? Bad Urban!

So, is it time for him to change his mind again?

Interesting quote from Bills wideout and former Gator David Nelson on Coach Meyer:

"I can't say I'm surprised because talking to him this year I could sense the feeling that he was kind of burned out," the former Gators standout said Thursday. "This season kind of wore on him a little bit. I'm saddened by it, just because I know what kind of person he is and what a good coach he is. He develops young men and sends them off better than when he got 'em. But I'm happy for him. Talking to him a little bit [Wednesday], I think he's happy with the decision. So that's all I want for him."

"He has his hand on every aspect of the game and the program," Nelson said. "He knows the players' moms and dads and girlfriends, the wives, the kids, what their GPA is, what classes they're taking. He has his hands on every single thing."

He had his hands on the player's girlfriends? Bad Urban!

Yes, Deano. I didn't want to just come out and say it but it's impossible not to read between the lines and come up with the obvious conclusion…Coach Meyer is stepping down at Florida in order to avoid multiple sexual harassment charges. Such a sad end to a great coaching career.

Yes, Deano. I didn't want to just come out and say it but it's impossible not to read between the lines and come up with the obvious conclusion…Coach Meyer is stepping down at Florida in order to avoid multiple sexual harassment charges. Such a sad end to a great coaching career.

You are saying Meyer's an erection with a man attached? I never read anything about that, but I don't follow the Gators so wouldn't have dug for it.

Surprising that he'd be that kind of guy - he's got such a lovely daughter...

Nikki Meyer