first the empire strikes back now revenge of the nerds

I <3 Anonymous. For those that want some inside links to watch the attacks, PM me.

PayPal was just taken down, there are more on the list.

Just think, if you want to buy something online right now, you can't. PayPal is down, MasterCard is down.

Excellent, I love that mentality. Since Mastercard and others refused to do business with Wikileaks they must be taught a lesson. Learn to fear the pureness of Wikileaks. Resist and we will bring you to your knees.

Paypal is just fine.

PayPal caved to pressure, reinstates funds to WikiLeaks. story here

There was DDoSing, it lasted about 2 hours, shutting down probably millions of dollars of their business

It is unfortunate that it had to resort to destroying the website - but it worked out for the better. It could not have been done any other way.

PayPal caved to pressure, reinstates funds to WikiLeaks. story here

There was DDoSing, it lasted about 2 hours, shutting down probably millions of dollars of their business

It is unfortunate that it had to resort to destroying the website - but it worked out for the better. It could not have been done any other way.

So you're cool with computerized extortion? Paypal made a business decision based on their TOS which they have every right to do and your "hacktavist" buddies took it upon themselves to take down Paypal which was probably illegal. It could not have been done any other way? Question for you. Why did it need to be done in the first place? So if TBD bans you because you violate it's TOS will you hire people to hack the site and try to bring it down?

Edited by Chef Jim

So you're cool with computerized extortion? Paypal made a business decision based on their TOS which they have every right to do and your "hacktavist" buddies took it upon themselves to take down Paypal which was probably illegal. It could not have been done any other way? Question why did it need to be done in the first place. So if TBD bans you because you violate it's TOS will you hire people to hack the site and try to bring it down?

Even better than that, they are now going after people in the media and on twitter who SAY BAD THINGS about wikileaks and Assmange (credit: DCT).

All in the name of....ya know...."internet freedom."

Even better than that, they are now going after people in the media and on twitter who SAY BAD THINGS about wikileaks and Assmange (credit: DCT).

The best way to put a stop to this is to tell John McClane that Assange is holding his daughter hostage, and then get that geeky kid from "Ed" to help him out.

Of course there are consequences and they should always be acknowledged. If any of Anonymous gets caught, and they aren't my buddies just a group I follow, they deserve to pay. They won't, though. Yesterday servers in a few countries got raided as part of this attack.

PayPal CEO was quoted in an article that he bowed to pressure from the US Gov who was asking they remove WikiLeaks funding. Do not think Anonymous is attacking any specific individuals, any certain group. The 100,000 MC #'s were a hoax to garner attention from the mass media to further cover their next events. Anonymous took down PayPal to bring more attention to their cause, to provoke talks of censorship, to let it be known that the US Gov is pulling the wool over our eyes.

Like the OTW Post, this will be my last in this thread. I feel the conversation has gone a little too frustrating and would like to not draw myself as a partisan member of the forum...I mean, I am more a Republican than I am Democrat, even though I am really more a Libertarian.