I want to go to Leavenworth, WA

Just Jack

Do they play any good music there?

The place makes it's money on Christmas celebrtation. It's located in the Cascades, E of Seattle and the winter settings are beautiful. I certainly have nothing against celebrating Christmas. So, if you're into Christmas music, I guess the answer would be yes.

Outside of the Christmas season, it's OK ski country, and in the fall, since there are a lot of Apple orchards in the area, it's a big migrant worker attraction.

The women in the ad are definately NOT natives!

The place makes it's money on Christmas celebrtation. It's located in the Cascades, E of Seattle and the winter settings are beautiful. I certainly have nothing against celebrating Christmas. So, if you're into Christmas music, I guess the answer would be yes.

Outside of the Christmas season, it's OK ski country, and in the fall, since there are a lot of Apple orchards in the area, it's a big migrant worker attraction.

The women in the ad are definately NOT natives!

Seeing you're talking Seattle here there was no need for that last sentence.

We passed through there on our honeymoon back in June of 1994... Pretty cool town... From what I remember when industry went belly up... They modeled it after a Bavarian town... Again, from what I remember... I remember that town fondly because my blushing new bride had to go to the bathroom very urgently and it took a while to find one... :lol: :lol: What a way to start a marriage! :doh:

We... Also stopped in Hope, BC where they filmed First Blood (name of town for movie)... :D On our way back from Kelowna, Banff and Jasper, AB. The movie incorrectly calls the town Hope, WA... It was filmed in Canada (tax breaks??)... Somehow there was a Leavenworth connection... I forget how the story/connection goes.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I've been there many times. Trust me - it's a Bavarian tourist trap and not much else!

I don't remember too much about it except the "bathroom incident" that kicked our marriage off to a rousing start! :lol: :lol:

It must have not been "that big" of a trap back in 1994... I don't recall buying anything there (outside seeking a washroom, the Barvarian thing, and the strange Rambo connection) and my wife sure loves anything Christmas/Christmas stores... We have ornaments from other parts like Victoria, BC and the Alberta rockies... Not WA... I actually remember Lake Chelan and the drive up along the river (Columbia) better.