Red Sox are close to signing...

wwovince

I'd rather the Sox pony up for 4 years with Cabrera. He helped us immeasurably win the World Series. Who knows what we would get with Hanley Ramirez. If he's all that in a few years, we could either trade him or Cabrera to fill another need.

I'm fine with the Wells signing, a good lefty pitcher who thrives for the most part in big games and will have no problem pitching in Yankee Stadium. Probably means they wont get Pavano but will resign Pedro and Varitek.

Schilling

Martinez

Wells

Arroyo

Wakefield

Not too shabby.

Schilling

Martinez

Wells

Arroyo

Wakefield

Not too shabby.

155895[/snapback]

That is a strong staff and should leave the Sox enough money to make a few more moves.

Compair that to the Yanks staff:

Mussina

umm....

hmm...

And the Sox are leading right now I would say. And I'm a Yankee fan. lol :(

That is a strong staff and should leave the Sox enough money to make a few more moves.

Compair that to the Yanks staff:

Mussina

umm....

hmm...

And the Sox are leading right now I would say. And I'm a Yankee fan. lol :(

155900[/snapback]

Damn...Moose's arm is going to get tired.

I like the Womack signing. He stole something like 60 bases last year. I think the Yanks saw what Roberts added to the Sox and we could use that element. I am sad to see Cairo go but I do consider Womack an upgrade.

Womack stole 26 bases last year. He hasn't stolen 60 bases in a season since the 90's.

Womack stole 26 bases last year. He hasn't stolen 60 bases in a season since the 90's.

No, womack isnt as fast as he was in Pittsburgh...but the one thing the yanks needed was a) someone to play 2nd and B) a leadoff hitter. They got both with womack. His .307 BA and .350 OBP will be greatly welcomed in New York.

2005 Lineup

2B Tony Womack

SS Derek Jeter

3B Alex Rodriguez

LF Hideki Matsui

CF Carlos Beltran

RF Gary Sheffield

C Jorge Posada

1B Tino Martinez/Jason Giambi

DH Bernie Williams

The yanks arent too far away from a rotation of"

Mike Musina

Randy Johnson

Carl Pavano

Javier Vazquez

Orlando Hernandez/Eric Milton

If they can put that together, watch out.  This is assuming they can get RJ without giving up Vazquez....hopefully.

155972[/snapback]

Thats just speculation; Right now the rotation is as follows;

Mike Mussina

Kevin Brown

Javier Vazquez

Jaret Wright

?

Carl Pavano could sign, Eric Milton could sign, El Duque could accept arbitration. If they trade for RJ, they're giving up Vazquez TO START. Dont think they'll get RJ by just giving up Tony Clark and Enrique Wilson.