Andrew Luck named finalist for Heisman

1B4IDie

Luck has no shot at the trophy. The order is Newton, James, Moore, Luck.

Not that Luck won, but I told you Luck would pick up the few anti-Cam votes.

Cam officially has the Heisman jinx now.

Eddie George is the last player to live up to their NFL potential that won the Heisman.

1995 Eddie George Ohio State - All Pro

1996 Danny Wuerffel Florida - Bust

1997 Charles Woodson Michigan - Marginal CB - All Pro Safety

1998 Ricky Williams Texas - Headcase - never reached potential - good NFL player

1999 Ron Dayne Wisconsin - bust

2000 Chris Weinke Florida State - bust

2001 Eric Crouch Nebraska - bust

2002 Carson Palmer* USC - heading for All Pro until injury

2003 Jason White Oklahoma - Who the hell is this guy?

2004 Matt Leinart USC - bust

2005 Reggie Bush (vacated)USC - good player not an all pro

2006 Troy Smith Ohio State - bust

2007 Tim Tebow Florida - bust

2008 Sam Bradford* Oklahoma - Potential

2009 Mark Ingram, Jr. Alabama - ????

2010 Cameron Newton Auburn - ????

I like how you declare Tebow a bust in his first season and dismiss Woodson as a bust.

Fwiw Jason White was a QB for Oklahoma, he had several knee surgeries and no one in the NFL wanted to take a chance on him. He was a phenomenal college player though.

Edited by BuffaloBillsSD

I like how you declare Tebow a bust in his first season and dismiss Woodson as a bust.

Fwiw Jason White was a QB for Oklahoma, he had several knee surgeries and no one in the NFL wanted to take a chance on him. He was a phenomenal college player though.

Charles Woodson, was ROY and NFL Defensive player of the year.

He had a lot more downs than ups in between but I don't think you can call him a bust.

Yeah I know I called that one too early. I have little faith that the Tebow will be a good NFL QB.

Edited by Why So Serious?

My initial thought is that Heisman QBs rarely pan out, though more research might be necessary. It is true that there was a long gap between Pat Sullivan and the next QB to win a Heisman. Outside of Jim Plunkett, though, I am having a hard time thinking of NFL champion QBs who won the Heisman.....

If that indeed turns out to be the case, it raises some fascinating questions about the differences between success in college and success in the NFL.

My initial thought is that Heisman QBs rarely pan out, though more research might be necessary. It is true that there was a long gap between Pat Sullivan and the next QB to win a Heisman. Outside of Jim Plunkett, though, I am having a hard time thinking of NFL champion QBs who won the Heisman.....

Staubuach