Memo to Democrats:

Why?

I think he overstated how good Reagan was, but IMHO, Reagan was a good President. I won't get into actual policy, but Reagan was very good at getting people to follow and believe in him. Sometimes that leads to a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I highlighted the remark about Bush, not Reagan.

My bad- although Bush wasn't a great president, I think the "Worst Ever" is hyperbole. I think the katrina stuff was American bureaucratic BS aty its best and don't blame him for that. He also wasn't the first (probably not the last) to wrongly lead us into the types of wars we are in now.

Everything going on right now, has to be the best or worst, because we are dealing with people with five minute attention spans. I would list Reagan as the top republican president and Clinton as the top democrat presidents during my lifetime. I was too young to remember anyone before that. I am not sure we have had a truly great president since Abraham Lincoln, although history is starting to ease up on Nixon. I would like to read up on FDR and his period of time though.

My bad- although Bush wasn't a great president, I think the "Worst Ever" is hyperbole. I think the katrina stuff was American bureaucratic BS aty its best and don't blame him for that. He also wasn't the first (probably not the last) to wrongly lead us into the types of wars we are in now.

Everything going on right now, has to be the best or worst, because we are dealing with people with five minute attention spans. I would list Reagan as the top republican president and Clinton as the top democrat presidents during my lifetime. I was too young to remember anyone before that. I am not sure we have had a truly great president since Abraham Lincoln, although history is starting to ease up on Nixon. I would like to read up on FDR and his period of time though.

If you put a gun to my head I would list the worst[in modern times] as LBJ, the best as Reagan.

If you put a gun to my head I would list the worst[in modern times] as LBJ, the best as Reagan.

Millard Filmore seemed pretty awful, at least from what I have heard about him. Although that was well before my time. In all fairness, a lot of things out of the control of who is president determine how they are perceived.

Millard Filmore seemed pretty awful, at least from what I have heard about him. Although that was well before my time. In all fairness, a lot of things out of the control of who is president determine how they are perceived.

I don't think poor Millard counts as "modern". My beef with LBJ was Viet Nam and how he let the press run it.

Worst, Carter. Best...Ike (depending on your definition of modern). Best in my lifetime, Reagan...but given that my lifetime begins with Nixon, that's not saying much (though Bush I is underappreciated, really.)

Worst, Carter. Best...Ike (depending on your definition of modern). Best in my lifetime, Reagan...but given that my lifetime begins with Nixon, that's not saying much (though Bush I is underappreciated, really.)

Carter was brutal, no doubt, [not many here remember 18% mortgages] but at lest he didn't check in with Walter Cronkite to see how to run a war.

Thanks for proving my point.

I had actually asked for some examples of oppressed minorities requesting equal rights and getting derided for it, which you failed to provide, and instead gave me a bunch of one liners taken out of context, most of which even out of context are not in themselves inherrently racist without the liberal race baiting interpretation of what they "really mean".

So I guess I have my answer. You, like Conner, are just a liberal douche with nothing to back up your opinion. But thanks for playing, you're welcome to try again any time.

Rush is an ass... that is a fact.