HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 printer jam - any ideas?

bbb

I am so not handy, it's ridiculous. Everything around me a mess, due to my cat dying, 3 feet of snow being dumped on me, etc.....And, today is my busiest day of the year, where I need my printer to work like crazy.

I bought this in the summer and it's been great and now all of a sudden, it keeps getting a paper jam. I can't get one sheet printed.

Where do I even start - do I call HP help?

I am so not handy, it's ridiculous. Everything around me a mess, due to my cat dying, 3 feet of snow being dumped on me, etc.....And, today is my busiest day of the year, where I need my printer to work like crazy.

I bought this in the summer and it's been great and now all of a sudden, it keeps getting a paper jam. I can't get one sheet printed.

Where do I even start - do I call HP help?

Is it always stopping at the same point?

Is it always stopping at the same point?

Yeah, the first time it spit out a very crumbled sheet, and now it sucks it in and crumbles it and it stops there. I can pull the crumbled sheet out, and start over, but it does the exact same thing again.

Any ideas?

Sure - go on the IntarWeb to the HP site and search for their support tech help page.

There are two basic versions of this printer the A910a and the A909a.

Here's said-same linky to their A910a paper jam solution page. It includes a movie. Not as entertaining as The Office, no doubt. But it could be helpful.

Anymore problems?

Any ideas?

Sure - go on the IntarWeb to the HP site and search for their support tech help page.

There are two basic versions of this printer the A910a and the A909a.

Here's said-same linky to their A910a paper jam solution page. It includes a movie. Not as entertaining as The Office, no doubt. But it could be helpful.

Anymore problems?

No more problems - Just Jack is the man!

He solved my problem on Sunday.

I don't know what a duplexer is.

No more problems - Just Jack is the man!

He solved my problem on Sunday.

I don't know what a duplexer is.

Can you print on both sides of a sheet of paper?

If yes: the duplexer is what lets you print on both sides.

If no: don't worry about it because you don't have one

Two sided printing is called duplex.

One sided printing is called simples.

We have both here on TBD.