Walking Dead

ajzepp

Yeah, I thoght it was real good too. Just wondering though, do you think Herschal (the doctor) knew Sophia was in the barn all along? I can see why he wouldn't tell the gang, when he was still trying to keep the barn walkers secret, but once the news was out, why wouldn't he tell them? It might have helped the gang understand his point of view, that these were people, not walking dead carcasses.

interesting, I hadn't thought of that. They did give the impression that they were plenty aware of who was in the barn and who wasn't, so you may be on to something there. All I know is that of all the zombie put downs, that was the hardest emotionally. Thinking of all that was done in order to find that little girl, and the way Rick felt responsible and even obligated to continue searching, it was tough to see that last shot go down :(

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel a little cheated by this season. The season premier was the only episode that advanced the main plot line. To save hours of your busy life, my recommendation to anyone who has not yet watched season 2 is to watch the season premier and wait until Feburary.

That's how I was starting to feel, too. The first two or three episodes this season had me pretty engaged with the show, but then I started losing a little interest. I hope they get the heck off this farm and get back to survival mode out amongst the walkers. Was much more fun that way. All this interpersonal stuff is getting boring.

I did think last night was strong,though, particularly the last ten mins...so looking forward to February :thumbsup:

What I want to know is how the farm owner is going to explain that girl being in the barn.....

- He knew the group was looking for a girl around that age

- He knew all the family members that were in the barn

- He knew this little girl was not a member of the family

My guess is that he knew the whole time she was in there....but didn't say anything because he didn't want the secret of keeping the walkers in his barn out...so he kept that to himself......

So I had mixed emotions...first i thought "man is that farm owner gonna be mad they are shooting his family"

then I thought

"they are gonna leave that farm owner for dead for not telling them that girl is in the barn"

wow....I did not expect that girl to be in the barn. Well, looks like we will be waiting until February now.

For the record I absolutely expected that girl to be in the barn.....they had searched all over the place with no success....and the farm owner didn't want them anywhere near that barn.

What I want to know is how the farm owner is going to explain that girl being in the barn.....

My guess is that he knew the whole time she was in there....but didn't say anything because he didn't want the secret of keeping the walkers in his barn out...so he kept that to himself......

So I had mixed emotions...first i thought "man is that farm owner gonna be mad they are shooting his family"

then I thought

"they are gonna leave that farm owner for dead for not telling them that girl is in the barn"

For the record I absolutely expected that girl to be in the barn.....they had searched all over the place with no success....and the farm owner didn't want them anywhere near that barn.

I watched Talking Dead after the episode and the creator said it was Otis's job (The fat guy bad cop shot a few episodes earlier to save his own skin) to collect the dead and put them in the barn. The farmer didn't know she was in there. The girl never came up when Otis was around, so it makes sense.

I watched Talking Dead after the episode and the creator said it was Otis's job (The fat guy bad cop shot a few episodes earlier to save his own skin) to collect the dead and put them in the barn. The farmer didn't know she was in there. The girl never came up when Otis was around, so it makes sense.

Hmm...that would make some sense, but they certainly didn't explain that directly, or indirectly in the show...I have avoided the "Talking Dead" as much as possible, cuz I don't want to know what happens in the comic book. I hope it is not expected that we all read the comic to know what is going on in the show! :P

then I thought

One development in that last episode was that the farmers daughter seems to be convinced that killing the "walkers" is the way to go, and gives Glenn the okay to shoot at them...scenes from next season gave me the impression that maybe, just maybe, Herschel has a change of heart on the topic...but "scenes from next season" are normally intentionally deceiving that way.

Also, I was expecting that Sophia to be in the barn as well. If not there, I figured she was picked up by another group.

Hmm...that would make some sense, but they certainly didn't explain that directly, or indirectly in the show...I have avoided the "Talking Dead" as much as possible, cuz I don't want to know what happens in the comic book. I hope it is not expected that we all read the comic to know what is going on in the show! :P

no worries there man, the comic is radically different. If the show followed the plot of the comic we would have been on the farm for 1 episode. Also, the series as a whole would be non stop crazed lunacy.

last episode was pretty good. Especially enjoyed seeing Shane start getting real and wake everyone up. These dummies are far too passive aggressive for an end of the world zombie meltdown.

SPOILER

enjoyed seeing zombie Sophia walk out/get shot. I assumed she was in the barn seeing that the entire show became about the barn for the last couple weeks and the show is not smart enough to keep multiple plots humming. Glad to see them try to re-establish life and death stakes. In the comics these people are getting eaten left and right...really want to show to act the same

I cannot wait for Stephen King to start writing a few episodes.

...bit of a tangent, but I just received his newest book from Amazon today...can't wait!!

Watched it last night on DVR , they did explained it while they were getting the two out of the creek. Herschel said Otis always caught them.

no worries there man, the comic is radically different. If the show followed the plot of the comic we would have been on the farm for 1 episode. Also, the series as a whole would be non stop crazed lunacy.

last episode was pretty good. Especially enjoyed seeing Shane start getting real and wake everyone up. These dummies are far too passive aggressive for an end of the world zombie meltdown.

SPOILER

enjoyed seeing zombie Sophia walk out/get shot. I assumed she was in the barn seeing that the entire show became about the barn for the last couple weeks and the show is not smart enough to keep multiple plots humming. Glad to see them try to re-establish life and death stakes. In the comics these people are getting eaten left and right...really want to show to act the same

I liked how Shane told Lori Rick can't survive in this world, yet he was the one to step up and shoot Sophia.

Watched it last night on DVR , they did explained it while they were getting the two out of the creek. Herschel said Otis always caught them.

I liked how Shane told Lori Rick can't survive in this world, yet he was the one to step up and shoot Sophia.

Yes, I think that was the "biggest moment" of the show, overshadowed by the appearence of Sophia. It seems like they are setting up a bit of a power-struggle between Rick and Shane...who knows where that will go? Don't answer that, if you do know!

I guess I missed the explanation about Otis during that scene. What I found odd about that scene in particular, but in others as well...sometimes the walkers seem in-humanly strong, and other times very weak.

Also, at the barn,during the climatic scene, when Shane shoots the woman walker (the one that Herschel is controlling) in the chest and abdoman, she barely seems fazed...she only goes down when shot in the head. But, I could swear there have been other scenes where walkers go down with a shot to the chest, or torso...maybe I am just not detail oriented enough sometimes...but that is the first time I remember them making a point of establishing that the walkers have to be shot in the head to stop them.

Edited by Buftex

Yes, I think that was the "biggest moment" of the show, overshadowed by the appearence of Sophia. It seems like they are setting up a bit of a power-struggle between Rick and Shane...who knows where that will go? Don't answer that, if you do know!

I guess I missed the explanation about Otis during that scene. What I found odd about that scene in particular, but in others as well...sometimes the walkers seem in-humanly strong, and other times very weak.

Also, at the barn,during the climatic scene, when Shane shoots the woman walker (the one that Herschel is controlling) in the chest and abdoman, she barely seems fazed...she only goes down when shot in the head. But, I could swear there have been other scenes where walkers go down with a shot to the chest, or torso...maybe I am just not detail oriented enough sometimes...but that is the first time I remember them making a point of establishing that the walkers have to be shot in the head to stop them.

I'm pretty sure in the show they established the only way to kill the dead was a shot or blow to the head. But to your point I am pretty sure I saw them dropping zombies with chest shots (Barn scene), which didn't really make sense to me.

I'm pretty sure in the show they established the only way to kill the dead was a shot or blow to the head. But to your point I am pretty sure I saw them dropping zombies with chest shots (Barn scene), which didn't really make sense to me.

They mention head shots a couple of times at the camp site and Jenner mentioned it again at the CDC.

As far as some falling to chest shots, I haven't seem any blatant ones. when they have been firing pistols they seem to get good head shots, but when they are using shotguns I assumed they are using buckshot which would have multiple impacts.

That's how I was starting to feel, too. The first two or three episodes this season had me pretty engaged with the show, but then I started losing a little interest. I hope they get the heck off this farm and get back to survival mode out amongst the walkers. Was much more fun that way. All this interpersonal stuff is getting boring.

I think the writers of the show took a big chance with this half of the season to set things up for the future. They took the popularity of the first season and decided to take the first half of this season to set up the rest of the show. They've built a deep background between the characters and have ended at a great jumping off point for the rest of the season. It came at the expense of some really boring shows, but I'm GUESSING that from here on out the faster pace will be back.

There's a difference between being killed and falling down from getting hit in the chest. The impact of the shot can knock them down without killing them. Might not always, and especially not when being balanced by the lasso bar, but it could.

I think the writers of the show took a big chance with this half of the season to set things up for the future. They took the popularity of the first season and decided to take the first half of this season to set up the rest of the show. They've built a deep background between the characters and have ended at a great jumping off point for the rest of the season. It came at the expense of some really boring shows, but I'm GUESSING that from here on out the faster pace will be back.

I hope you're right, man...I'm ready for this show to get crazy again.

• 2 months later...

New Episode tonight. Is every character in the show going to get seriously injured at some point or what? Now Shrill Brunette Chick flips a car. Three characters have been shot. The black guy must play for the Bills, because he's always on injured reserve. It's like the writers don't know how to actually create "drama" and are just going for the near death shock value every time.

New Episode tonight. Is every character in the show going to get seriously injured at some point or what? Now Shrill Brunette Chick flips a car. Three characters have been shot. The black guy must play for the Bills, because he's always on injured reserve. It's like the writers don't know how to actually create "drama" and are just going for the near death shock value every time.

Haven't watched yet, but for me this show is on a short leash. If the first half of season 2 was what can be expected from here on out, I'm dumping it. We'll see...