will the Dems grow some

You're right. The Progressives need someone with a backbone (oxymoron?) to primary challenge Obama, someone who will actually follow through with the progressive dream.

Someone like a Dennis Kucinich, that guy is pure, I mean he would never cave in to such... hold on, yeah, I forgot he caved in on the healthcare bill. Nevermind, someone like

a Russ Feingold, yeah, that guy stands up for progressive values, he's tough, and ummm.... well, he can't even get reelected in his blue purplish state of Wisconsin, ummm.... someone like a

Howard Dean! Yeah, Howard BYAAAAH DEAN!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDwODbl3muE

a Russ Feingold, yeah, that guy stands up for progressive values, he's tough, and ummm.... well, he can't even get reelected in his blue purplish state of Wisconsin, ummm.... someone like a

I know. One of the very few honest politicians we had, and (of course) he does not get re-elected. This says a lot about our country. Feingold had a lot of integrity. He absolutely refused to air negative ads about his opponent in the election. He held his head high, and did what he knew was right. In this country doing what is right makes you into a failure. (that ignorant retards like Magox then proceed to mock)

...lybob, personally I have no such hopes that the dems will every grow a pair. Honestly often these days I find myself questioning if they (and Obama) are even on our side.

"Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency" -- Barack Obama on day one of his presidency.

Edited by conner

I know. One of the very few honest politicians we had, and (of course) he does not get re-elected. This says a lot about our country. Feingold had a lot of integrity. He absolutely refused to air negative ads about his opponent in the election. He held his head high, and did what he knew was right. In this country doing what is right makes you into a failure. (that ignorant retards like Magox then proceed to mock)

...lybob, personally I have no such hopes that the dems will every grow a pair. Honestly often these days I find myself questioning if they (and Obama) are even on our side.

"Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency" -- Barack Obama on day one of his presidency.

Yeah Connor tremendously disappointing, I tried to give Obama the benefit of the doubt for about six months- but eventually as the bible says "you will know them by there fruits".

Instead of weak, stupid or complicit, I've used the phrase Ball-less, brainless or bought for the last year or so. I think the alteration is more pleasant to the ear.

You're right. The Progressives need someone with a backbone (oxymoron?) to primary challenge Obama, someone who will actually follow through with the progressive dream.

Someone like a Dennis Kucinich, that guy is pure, I mean he would never cave in to such... hold on, yeah, I forgot he caved in on the healthcare bill. Nevermind, someone like

youtube.com/watch?v=KDwODbl3muE

Republicans gloating and acting holier than thou... got to love it. Especially when you talk values and ethics. HAHAHAHA!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=KDwODbl3muE

me thinks you protest too much

I'd rather go strong with a battle of ideas win or lose and have the Tea baggers in charge than a mushy middle of corporate Republicans and Democrats running the country.

Yeah, but you don't have any original ideas. Broaden your scope, open your eyes and get out of your comfort zone for ONCE.

Yeah, but you don't have any original ideas. Broaden your scope, open your eyes and get out of your comfort zone for ONCE.

Except for science there are no original ideas, when it comes to economics and politics we have a cafeteria choice of unoriginal ideas, every idea is derivative, the only difference is how we mix and match our plate. You just find my plate unpalatable - Original ideas please, what you mean is that my ideas are not unique and original like yours and your cronies who parrot each other endlessly.

Except for science there are no original ideas, when it comes to economics and politics we have a cafeteria choice of unoriginal ideas, every idea is derivative, the only difference is how we mix and match our plate. You just find my plate unpalatable - Original ideas please, what you mean is that my ideas are not unique and original like yours and your cronies who parrot each other endlessly.

Nope... You have no original ideas. You are one trick pony poster who's main weapon of choice are Youtube links. Try thinking for yourself, just for once man, just for once.

youtube.com/watch?v=pBSaXeshBF4&feature=channel

Interesting...

The Senate didn't come close to 60 votes needed for cloture on two Democratic gambits put forth on Saturday for only a partial extension of the Bush tax cuts. Five Democrats and all 42 Republicans voted against proposals by Sens. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) and Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) to exclude top earners and small businesses from the extension. Baucus wanted to draw the line at $250,000, while Schumer put forth $1 million as the cutoff. The Democrats voting against the $250,000 cutoff were Sens. Russ Feingold, Joe Lieberman, Joe Manchin, Ben Nelson and Jim Webb. On the $1 million proposal, the alignment was a bit different. The Democrats joining all 42 Republicans were Sens. Dick Durbin, Feingold, Tom Harkin, Lieberman and Jay Rockefeller.

This was supposed to be a "show 'em where we stand" moment for liberal Democrats. But in actuality, it demonstrates that the left has lost the argument that we should soak the rich while the economy is still in the dumps. Even more interesting is the intellectual incoherence. Why would Durbin, Harkin and Rockefeller vote for the $250,000 limit but against the $1-million limit?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right-turn/2010/12/the_tax-cut_vote_and_political.html

The Senate didn't come close to 60 votes needed for cloture on two Democratic gambits put forth on Saturday for only a partial extension of the Bush tax cuts. Five Democrats and all 42 Republicans voted against proposals by Sens. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) and Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) to exclude top earners and small businesses from the extension. Baucus wanted to draw the line at $250,000, while Schumer put forth $1 million as the cutoff. The Democrats voting against the $250,000 cutoff were Sens. Russ Feingold, Joe Lieberman, Joe Manchin, Ben Nelson and Jim Webb. On the $1 million proposal, the alignment was a bit different. The Democrats joining all 42 Republicans were Sens. Dick Durbin, Feingold, Tom Harkin, Lieberman and Jay Rockefeller.

This was supposed to be a "show 'em where we stand" moment for liberal Democrats. But in actuality, it demonstrates that the left has lost the argument that we should soak the rich while the economy is still in the dumps. Even more interesting is the intellectual incoherence. Why would Durbin, Harkin and Rockefeller vote for the $250,000 limit but against the $1-million limit?

How about that Feingold is against all tax cut or for the total expiring of the Bush tax cuts however you want to word it, and that Durbin, Harkin and Rockefeller wanted the 250,000 limit not the 1,000,000 limit. How about that Durbin, Harkin and Rockefeller made the crass political decision that it would be better for the compromise to fail and let all the Bush tax cuts expire so they could beat up the Republicans on voting against a middle-class tax cut.

How about that Feingold is against all tax cut or for the total expiring of the Bush tax cuts however you want to word it, and that Durbin, Harkin and Rockefeller wanted the 250,000 limit not the 1,000,000 limit. How about that Durbin, Harkin and Rockefeller made the crass political decision that it would be better for the compromise to fail and let all the Bush tax cuts expire so they could beat up the Republicans on voting against a middle-class tax cut.

Just out of curiosity; when a deal is cut to extend unemployment benefits in exchange for extending the Bush tax cuts, does that mean that the right is now sympathetic to the plight of the unemployed, or that the left only cares about giving tax breaks to the rich?

Both maybe?

Actually it is more like Durbin doesn't want to vote on a Bill that Schumer wrote, simply because they are both jockeying for Majority leader once Reid leaves, and for his own self-interests he decided not to support it, hiding behind the veil of "social justice".