For those of you that live in the blackout zone

DreamOnDan

How do you get your Bills fix? Do you listen to the game? Or do you drive over and pick up a last second ticket? I live in Pittsburgh and I took everybody's advise and bought Sunday ticket. But I have been to 5 games this year, including preseason. What I do is go down to Heinz field and tailgate at about 9am. Then rush home for kickoff for the BIlls game. It is the closest I can get to game day in Buffalo since my car Blew up.

How do you get your Bills fix?  Do you listen to the game?  Or do you drive over and pick up a last second ticket?  I live in Pittsburgh and I took everybody's advise and bought Sunday ticket.  But I have been to 5 games this year, including preseason.  What I do is go down to Heinz field and tailgate at about 9am.  Then rush home for kickoff for the BIlls game.  It is the closest I can get to game day in Buffalo since my car Blew up.

155414[/snapback]

Game day decision based on:

plans already made that I cannot back out of

the weather - I hate the rain

my mood

amount of money in my wallet

I either drive to the game and get a ticket from a tailgater, or I suck it up and plug in the headphones and listen on radio. Completely missing the game is not an option. :P

How do you get your Bills fix?  Do you listen to the game?  Or do you drive over and pick up a last second ticket?  I live in Pittsburgh and I took everybody's advise and bought Sunday ticket.  But I have been to 5 games this year, including preseason.  What I do is go down to Heinz field and tailgate at about 9am.  Then rush home for kickoff for the BIlls game.  It is the closest I can get to game day in Buffalo since my car Blew up.

155414[/snapback]

Well, when I VERY first moved down to WPB, we were out one night, and it was getting late, but we decided to go to one more bar (trying to find a "hang out" in this new city). We pulled into the last place for the night (just happened to be on the way home), walked in, had a beer, and it was like being in the twilight zone. It took longer than it should have to realize the neon was a Bills one, the flags hanging from the top of the bar? Bills. Started BSing with the owner, he's from Cheecktowaga. Bills bar. Been going there ever since.

However, I didnt go to the last three there. The first two i missed to save money for the trip i went to see the game in Miami last week.

We've been doing so good, I am really considering not going to watch sunday. In case I am jinxing it.

Before they started blacking out the Syracuse station because about five square miles of its broadcast area lay within the blackout zone, my dad and I would drive to Wayne County and catch the game at either Coach's or Flaherty's on Route 31 in Macedon. (Coach's is where we saw the Comeback.)

Now I usually listen on the radio. If I can get away with it, I drive around in my car while listening to the game so I don't get sucked into a Honey Do project "because you're not watching the game." :P

It depends. If it's a good game that for some reason is blacked out, I'll go. Otherwise, it's the radio.

I went to the cards game because it was blacked out, though. But also because I was able to get good seats. I must admit, I love Bills football, but there are parts of the stadium experience that I don't enjoy. Such as drunks throwing stuff at you - like 1/2 full beer cans. Or watching people puke when walking down the stairs. Or listening to some foul-mouthed dick scream all day. So, for me, if I can't go with a large group of people with whom I feel comfortable, I need to be in the seats that are least likely to have the unpleasant things happen. Those also happen to be the most expensive seats, which also becomes a determination.

I think what I'll do next year, depending on the economy and my wallet, is get together with 3 or 4 buds and buy 2 or three season tix and alternate who gets to go.

155414[/snapback]

155414[/snapback]

I go to a Sports Bar every week and watch the game. Years ago, in the 70's, I used to liste to,the games on the radio if I tickets weren't available. Since the early 80's I've been living in Fish country, and have raised my son's to be Bills fans. I used to go to the games but, like DIB, I've given up. Now I go to a Spaorts Bar with the kids, (youngest is 16 now), have some wings, and watch the game.

I don't know about this blackout thing. I mean, of course it'd be good to sell all the tickets (and have the game shown on tv) but then again to some people it is alot of money to shell out. I don't think it's fair. I'm thinking with every ticket purchase you'd be entered into a drawing with nice prizes (like Super Bowl trips, etc). Maybe that would entice folks and if not, what is the big deal? Get rid of the blackout, it is ridiculous.