CFL season ended

bowery4

Yes I was talking about him there is an OLBer on Montreal that had 12 sacks this year. I don't know how the contracts work there or anything and checking some of those guys out. I remember when Wake came for a visit here, that is about all I know about it. The UFL I didn't see at all this year, last year I watched like six games.

I don't watch CFL but here's what ya need to know:

•  
  • Phillip Hunt had 16 Sacks. 53 Tackles too. He's a defensive end for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. 6'1 248lbs
  • John Bowman had 12 Sacks. 32 Tackles. He had 12 sacks last year as well. Plays for Montreal Alouettes. Just played his 5th season, while Hunt has only played 2 in the CFL.

Just thinking about the LB Miami ended up getting this year. Anyone follow the CFL? Any good players worth looking into?

It only makes sense that we should be looking north for some good players . With what the Bills & the NFL are trying to do with the Toronto series to bring more interest in from Canada .

We brought in one good coach this year from the CFL i think it is our QB coach . One coach i was hoping the Bills would look at while in the process of hiring Gailey was Marc Trestman , he has ties to the NFL plus since he has been in the CFL the guy just wins !!

If the Bills were smart (IMHO) they would take at least the top 5 Cfl teams and go over there rosters & especially the 2 teams that made it to the grey cup there has to be some kind of talent there if they won a championship .

Seeing what Cameron Wake brought to the Dolphins D add in the Toronto series of the Bills & how close we are to Canada it's a win - win for all concerned i just hope Buddy & Chan might be able to see :unsure: that from where they sit !!!

Unfortunately it isn't possible to pluck CFL players of their rosters right now. CFL free agency doesn't start until February so anyone who played in this past CFL season isn't eligible to leave their team because they're still under contract.

Players in their option year and players whose contracts expire can sign with an NFL team come February or March so you can expect by that time NFL teams to start making moves.

One thing I've noticed, as a CFL fan here in Canada, is that every year it seems there are more and more CFL players getting shots with NFL teams. The majority of them end up back in the CFL by September though, as they become camp casualties. Not sure if you guys remember a receiver by the name of PK Sam. He was an example of one of these players, he broke out as an Argo and then the Bills brought him in for training camp only to cut him by August.

Johnson's hair, not sure if Hunt and Bowman are in their contract years, but neither would be a bad option this off-season.

I know we might not be looking too closely at running backs but I think one player to watch out for who becomes eligible to leave for the NFL in February of 2012 is RB Cory Boyd of the Argos. He looks like an NFL back and his combination of size and speed is lethal, played just one year in the CFL and was the best in the league by far, brought the Argos from a 3-15 season the year before to 9-9 and a first-round playoff win over Hamilton, all despite having Cleo Lemon at quarterback, who was unarguably the worst QB in the league.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cory_Boyd

Edited by CFLstyle

Unfortunately it isn't possible to pluck CFL players of their rosters right now. CFL free agency doesn't start until February so anyone who played in this past CFL season isn't eligible to leave their team because they're still under contract.

Players in their option year and players whose contracts expire can sign with an NFL team come February or March so you can expect by that time NFL teams to start making moves.

One thing I've noticed, as a CFL fan here in Canada, is that every year it seems there are more and more CFL players getting shots with NFL teams. The majority of them end up back in the CFL by September though, as they become camp casualties. Not sure if you guys remember a receiver by the name of PK Sam. He was an example of one of these players, he broke out as an Argo and then the Bills brought him in for training camp only to cut him by August.

Johnson's hair, not sure if Hunt and Bowman are in their contract years, but neither would be a bad option this off-season.

I know we might not be looking too closely at running backs but I think one player to watch out for who becomes eligible to leave for the NFL in February of 2012 is RB Cory Boyd of the Argos. He looks like an NFL back and his combination of size and speed is lethal, played just one year in the CFL and was the best in the league by far, brought the Argos from a 3-15 season the year before to 9-9 and a first-round playoff win over Hamilton, all despite having Cleo Lemon at quarterback, who was unarguably the worst QB in the league.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cory_Boyd

Isn't there a limit on american players on each roster?

I don't watch CFL but here's what ya need to know:

•  
  • Phillip Hunt had 16 Sacks. 53 Tackles too. He's a defensive end for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. 6'1 248lbs
  • John Bowman had 12 Sacks. 32 Tackles. He had 12 sacks last year as well. Plays for Montreal Alouettes. Just played his 5th season, while Hunt has only played 2 in the CFL.

Here's the scouting report at NFL.com for Phillip Hunt:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/phillip-hunt?id=89736#profiles-tabs:players-analysis

John Bowman played collegiately at Wingate, a division II in North Carolina. Can't find any scouting reports for him.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Thanks for all the info, it was Bowman I was thinking of Just looked it up on CFLs website and he had an extension in 2009 not on the FA list (but does that matter? I am not sure are contracts always honored even?).

Didn't know about the dates players are available. Hunt looks small for a D-end in the NFL, in some ways sounds a lot like Maybin (at least in college) in that write up. I think Maybin sounds faster though, not sure a slow guy would make a good OLB either. The Argos also had a WR that looked pretty good and was MVP in the Grey Cup game. I was basically wondering if there was anyone with the buzz around them that Cameron Wake had.