WDJDT?

Is that a new feature? just watched the first one (about Stevie) and I hope to see more. Great to have old Bills be involved on any level with the site and the team. I really like that Joe said Andre Reed had spoken to the team and to SJ this week. Good to know, I hope they can use some former players to recruit this coming off season and to help in the way AR did. :worthy:

Edited by bowery4

youtube.com/watch?v=F2Sthg-k8tE&feature=player_embedded

I didn't know Joe does a weekly YouTube rant video blog.

PTR

Of course Joe makes the excellent point about the steals like K Williams, Fitzpatrick, Stevie, Fred. He could even include in that group Moorman or Lindell, with big potential youngsters David Nelson and Donald Jones thrown in. Of course the other "steal" was Peters, who turned into a steal by converting him into Eric Woods. How's Peters doing by the way. I thought someone mentioned he kind of sucks for the Eagles. Does he?

Maybe the Bills should make it a yearly tradition to trade their first 1 or 2 picks for multiple choices in later rounds. Just think how good they could be then!

We can only imagine what if had the Bills chose high picks other than Maybe, Hardly, Mike Wont-iams, L'inch, Lostman, McCargone, etc.

I'd love to see the ledger sheet on how much money was wasted on those high picks over the course of their tenure in Buffalo. I didn't even go back as far as Rob Johnson and the millions wasted on him. Amazingly, they extended his contract and gave him more money! It's like they have a monkey pressing a button to make personnel decisions.

Joe looks pretty good for a guy who's pushing 60.

Edited by DML2005

Of course Joe makes the excellent point about the steals like K Williams, Fitzpatrick, Stevie, Fred. He could even include in that group Moorman or Lindell, with big potential youngsters David Nelson and Donald Jones thrown in. Of course the other "steal" was Peters, who turned into a steal by converting him into Eric Woods. How's Peters doing by the way. I thought someone mentioned he kind of sucks for the Eagles. Does he?

Maybe the Bills should make it a yearly tradition to trade their first 1 or 2 picks for multiple choices in later rounds. Just think how good they could be then!

We can only imagine what if had the Bills chose high picks other than Maybe, Hardly, Mike Wont-iams, L'inch, Lostman, McCargone, etc.

I'd love to see the ledger sheet on how much money was wasted on those high picks over the course of their tenure in Buffalo. I didn't even go back as far as Rob Johnson and the millions wasted on him. Amazingly, they extended his contract and gave him more money! It's like they have a monkey pressing a button to make personnel decisions.

Joe looks pretty good for a guy who's pushing 60.

I really think there used to be two front offices, so to speak. The one making the high pick decisions (Ralph, Levy, Jauron, whoever) and the one making low picks and signing UDFAs (scouts and personnel people). How else do you explain the disparity? Hopefully Nix will be running the whole show from here on.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Joe D and a LOT of former Bills still take this team, its fans, and how well they do to heart. It's great to see them step up to assist Stevie in his time of need. He seems to have rebounded quite well... of course a 7 catch, no drop, 2 TD performance this weekend will help that even more! ;)

It would be interesting to see how many other teams have former players still have legit ties (or show that they care) to their former team like Bills players do...

I really think there used to be two front offices, so to speak. The one making the high pick decisions (Ralph, Levy, Jauron, whoever) and the one making low picks and signing UDFAs (scouts and personnel people). How else do you explain the disparity? Hopefully Nix will be running the whole show from here on.

PTR

I kind of speculated on that in one my posts a week or two ago. I mean, it nearly defies logic that they whiff so badly on what should statistically be lower risk picks, yet find these hidden gems through FA and later rounds.

My theory was that the high money guys, i.e. the high draft picks and proven players up for contract extensions, get fast-tracked to Ralph C Wilson and his Detroit mafia beancounters who make final decisions on the "important" picks. I can almost picture Jeff Littman playing eenie-meanie-miney-moe with his Pro Weekly draft guide turned to page 168.

I kind of speculated on that in one my posts a week or two ago. I mean, it nearly defies logic that they whiff so badly on what should statistically be lower risk picks, yet find these hidden gems through FA and later rounds.

My theory was that the high money guys, i.e. the high draft picks and proven players up for contract extensions, get fast-tracked to Ralph C Wilson and his Detroit mafia beancounters who make final decisions on the "important" picks. I can almost picture Jeff Littman playing eenie-meanie-miney-moe with his Pro Weekly draft guide turned to page 168.

I agree.

It does defy logic.

They would seriously have had a better result in the first rounds if they put a poll on tbd.com and had the fans decide.

I doubt Maybin would have won an Orakpo, Oher, Maybin Poll.

The working of the BB brass is just strange in general.

I also learned how to pronounce his name "De-lama-Lear"

Edited by Why So Serious?