(OT) War of the Worlds

CosmicBills

another company is making the War of the Worlds also- as a period piece.

155314[/snapback]

Oh really? I missed that. Interesting.

From an industry perspective Spielberg's movie will be interesting because of the deal the studio worked out with Cruise. He is getting 10 percent of all box office, all DVDs and ALL merchandizing. It's the first time ever that an actor has been given that much in terms of a back end.

You think Cruise will be campaigning hard for this flick? I say we see him and Spielberg on Opera twice to promote the movie :P

Sith, Batman, Fantastic Four and WOTW.......

155421[/snapback]

And I often wonder why they say we Americans are dumb....we are excited for the 6th version of a movie that has been made repeatedly worse since 1976, a movie that was made at least four times in the last 15 years, the seven hundredth comic book movie and Willie freaking Wonka.

Should be out forthe holidays.  It will be attached to fat albert and electra.  Niether of those films does much for me, I'm waiting for it to post online.

155430[/snapback]

Actually, this is some early footage. Fox is really upset it was released, it was basically given to corporations to encourage sponsorships. The final product will be a lot different.

http://www.ffplaza.com/reccenter/movies/MovieFootage.wmv

And am I the only one that finds Johhny Depp looking too much like Michael Jackson?

155495[/snapback]

I'm sure that Depp will be ok but he will not out do Gene Wilder in this role. I don't think Jackson looks like any human I know of. I HATED those Batman movies. UGH! They all looked like some bad phantom of the opera flick.