Obama Recovery Underway?

I was told to ride in the back seat of the car, did I miss something? Is this the Summer of recovery? Is unemployment at 8%? Did Noverber 2 tell the anointed one about how the American public feels about those obama policys you speak of. Naaa.

Damn, its cold outside.

Oh sweet Jesus! It's time for me to hire another 100,000 people now that the sky is once more blue.

Hell, I'll make it 200,000. No, an even half million. That's it.

I'll let someone else worry about the Fourteen million three hundred thousand other unemployed Americans.

A half a million is a good start, I say.

What? I've got to pay for their health care and my taxes are going up?

Forget it. I'll keep my money in gold.

Hey Everyone! The Recovery Is Here!

Sixth time this year!

The 9.6% of Americans who, on Friday's report, will STILL be unemployed are going to be very happy to hear about this.

Very true, after all they lost their unemployment benefits.

The day a president hires someone, fires someone, loans someone some money, or buys a !@#$ing refrigerator is the day I credit that president with any sort of contribution to the economy.

If they can blame him for everything, they can give him credit for things as well. Shouldn't be one sided... oh wait people on this board will keep things one sided.

Very true, after all they lost their unemployment benefits.

Not true... Only the one's who have been receiving unemployment checks for 99 weeks.

I have a novel idea, instead of placing policies that enable the unemployed to continue to keep receiving unemployment checks for FOREVER, how about they place economic policies that give them a Job?

That sounds like a good idea, maybe they should try it.

Edited by Magox

Not true... Only the one's who have been receiving unemployment checks for 99 weeks.

I have a novel idea, instead of placing policies that enable the unemployed to continue to keep receiving unemployment checks for FOREVER, how about they place economic policies that give them a Job?

That sounds like a good idea, maybe they should try it.

Totally agree. However that also depends on businesses wanting to hire right?

Totally agree. However that also depends on businesses wanting to hire right?

Yes.

I spoke about the "Animal Spirits" of the economy, and how that is or was a huge void in the job market. Now that Helicopter Ben has made it clear that he will print as much money that is needed, and that the GOP who is seen to be more business friendly has more clout than it did before, I expect to see decent job growth (relatively speaking) over the next six months. The Animal spirits of the economy is an important factor in providing growth, and now that there are more conservatives in COngress who will fight extra regulations and want to lower taxes for everyone including corporations this will be a driver in job growth.

So, you heard it here first (actually you heard it in my 'What to expect in the first half of the year' thread) that businesses will begin to start hiring in a more meaningful way. This isn't a coincidence, that job growth will begin to accelerate right at the time that it was clear that the GOP would take the House and that Helicopter Ben would have the Printing presses on full overdrive mode.

However, The animal spirits of the economy can only bring down the unemployment rate to a certain point. We have major structural problems in the labor market and we will see persistent high unemployment for at least the next three years of above 7%. Exports and healthcare will be the key to solving these problems.