3 and out ?

other than the 3 and out in Cincy when protecting the lead, I can't remember the last time went 3 and out. This years offense is definitely is way better than any offense the past decade.

How about every single 1st QTR, including 2 or 3 against the Steelers.

You must start the games in the 2nd QTR or even better 2nd half then, in that case, you got a point.

other than the 3 and out in Cincy when protecting the lead, I can't remember the last time went 3 and out. This years offense is definitely is way better than any offense the past decade.

It's because Fitz has been playing lights out on 3rd and long, something not many teams (from any era, really) can boast about.

Problem is--and sticking with Chan's pitcher analogy--it's like getting behind in the count. Sure we're getting the outs, but our guy is constantly seeing 2-2, 3-2, etc, and as a result he's having to throw A LOT. But in football terms, getting behind has been a product of not only bad throws (I'd put them down the list, actually), but also dropped passes, dumb penalties, and stuffed runs. At the very least it's not plagued by giving up sacks on first and second down. Knock on wood, we've seen very little of that.

I'm super grateful it's worked out thus far, but man would I rather us be gaining 5-8 yards on first and second down for a change. Seems like a much MUCH more stable formula for success.