Big Polluters Freed From Environmental Oversight

Nanker

How can this be? :unsure:

In the name of job creation and clean energy, the Obama administration has doled out billions of dollars in stimulus money to some of the nation's biggest polluters and granted them sweeping exemptions from the most basic form of environmental oversight, a Center for Public Integrity investigation has found.

But, but, but, but... The Dirty Dozen

Oh, the humanity!

geezz how many times am I going to have to say Obama= corporatist, I'm not kidding, I'm not joking.

You're really not that far off:

American businesses earned profits at an annual rate of $1.66 trillion in the third quarter, according to a Commerce Department report released Tuesday. That is the highest figure recorded since the government began keeping track over 60 years ago, at least in nominal or non-inflation-adjusted terms.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

You're really not that far off:

American businesses earned profits at an annual rate of $1.66 trillion in the third quarter, according to a Commerce Department report released Tuesday. That is the highest figure recorded since the government began keeping track over 60 years ago, at least in nominal or non-inflation-adjusted terms.

So you're saying that it was Obama's "corporatist" policies is what led to corporations cutting employees and expenses to the bone?

Oh ok :lol:

So you're saying that it was Obama's "corporatist" policies is what led to corporations cutting employees and expenses to the bone?

Oh ok :lol:

I realize there is a fundamental need in here for everyone to be put in a political box so you can figure out if you should agree or disagree with them. Try to step out of your ideological hole long enough to read the article.

I'm not saying anything other than what the article states. Despite the claims that Obama is the economic equivalent of the anti-christ, businesses are doing quite well. Corporations becoming leaner isn't something to be demonized, it's actually good business strategy. It's called lean process management, learn about Six Sigma if you need a better understanding of the concept. Businesses reacted to the economic environment and as a result became more efficient hence more profitable.

GM's probably a great case study. They trimmed a TON of bloat and are now in the best financial position they've been in for a long time. They're actually making money on cars now.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

I realize there is a fundamental need in here for everyone to be put in a political box so you can figure out if you should agree or disagree with them. Try to step out of your ideological hole long enough to read the article.

I'm not saying anything other than what the article states. Despite the claims that Obama is the economic equivalent of the anti-christ, businesses are doing quite well. Corporations becoming leaner isn't something to be demonized, it's actually good business strategy. It's called lean process management, learn about Six Sigma if you need a better understanding of the concept. Businesses reacted to the economic environment and as a result became more efficient hence more profitable.

GM's probably a great case study. They trimmed a TON of bloat and are now in the best financial position they've been in for a long time. They're actually making money on cars now.

That doesn't make Obama a corporatist. Quite the opposite, it seems to me: your argument presumes a hostile environment in which businesses had to trim down to increase profitability.

That doesn't make Obama a corporatist. Quite the opposite, it seems to me: your argument presumes a hostile environment in which businesses had to trim down to increase profitability.

You're absolutely right and I don't believe he is a corporatist. The irony of the earnings is amusing though.

There's no need to presume a hostile environment, it existed when Obama took office. Wall Street was terrified of increased taxes and the potential for more regulation. The financial outlook was miserable.

Ideology??? :blink:

Billy Bob referred to Obama as a corporatist, you said "you're not that far off" and then quoted a passage from an article you read

In other words you implied that record profits supports Billy Bob's assertion of Obama being a corporatist. I simply pointed out a fact that corporations have made more cuts on hiring and expenditures that led to these profits, which is the main reason why corporations are as profitable as they are. The results of these dynamics changing had very little if anything to do with his BO's policies.

I felt obliged to point our your simple yet very silly correlation to causation reference.