More conference shake-up:

UConn James

Wow.

Losing TCU will hurt the Mountain West, which has less chance of getting a BCS bid. As it stands, automatic bids go to the Big East, Pac-10, Big 10, Big 12, ACC and SEC. That setup will be reviewed in 2013.

The were serious rumblings that with an eight-team conference struggling top to bottom that the Big East's bid could have been snatched by the MWC, but that was with TCU aboard. When the Horned Frogs join the Big East in 2012, their history will join as well, including the back-to-back undefeated seasons and BCS bowl appearances despite not being a member of a BCS conference. That will go a long way in the league retaining a BCS bid.

Awesome move to shore up the BE. I know everyone thinks of the conference as a weak sister in the BCS stuff, but this adds instant creds. Improving programs in Rutgers, Pitt and UConn....

A number of people are upset that a 4-loss team from the BE will be going to a major bowl game (as of this writing, if my alma mater beats S. Fla, they are guaranteed a tie for the conference title). Well, be upset all you want. Cry about only wanting undefeated teams in the bowls. I call a a good deal of bulls--- on that. Conference play is tough. And just the way the NFL is set up to take division winners plus 2 wild cards, the system should be set up in a way that rewards teams that play in tough conferences and knock the s--- out of each other. Northeast / midwest teams and conferences that make their bones on tough defenses and solid running games are at a serious disadvantage.

Well, we'll see what happens from here. The shake-ups just got started this past summer; many are predicting just as much movement (or more) this off-season. This brings the BE-football schools to 9.... Would be really nice to bring that number up to the standard 12. Personally, I think UBuff would be a great addition to the BE.

Also, they really ought to be renaming these conferences when the re-alignment stuff is completed. PAC-10 and Big-10 that have 12 teams, the Big 12 that has 10 teams, now the Big East with a team from Texas.... Tough to have to re-brand conferences, but these names just don't fit anymore (for starters, they ought to keep numbers out of it).

Wow.

Awesome move to shore up the BE. I know everyone thinks of the conference as a weak sister in the BCS stuff, but this adds instant creds. Improving programs in Rutgers, Pitt and UConn....

A number of people are upset that a 4-loss team from the BE will be going to a major bowl game (as of this writing, if my alma mater beats S. Fla, they are guaranteed a tie for the conference title). Well, be upset all you want. Cry about only wanting undefeated teams in the bowls. I call a a good deal of bulls--- on that. Conference play is tough. And just the way the NFL is set up to take division winners plus 2 wild cards, the system should be set up in a way that rewards teams that play in tough conferences and knock the s--- out of each other. Northeast / midwest teams and conferences that make their bones on tough defenses and solid running games are at a serious disadvantage.

Well, we'll see what happens from here. The shake-ups just got started this past summer; many are predicting just as much movement (or more) this off-season. This brings the BE-football schools to 9.... Would be really nice to bring that number up to the standard 12. Personally, I think UBuff would be a great addition to the BE.

Also, they really ought to be renaming these conferences when the re-alignment stuff is completed. PAC-10 and Big-10 that have 12 teams, the Big 12 that has 10 teams, now the Big East with a team from Texas.... Tough to have to re-brand conferences, but these names just don't fit anymore (for starters, they ought to keep numbers out of it).

Excellent news! Hope they continue with their winning ways.

Personally, would love to see an Oregon/TCU match up for the BCS big game.

!@#$ 'AwBarn'. Damn stupid hicks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.