Is it just me, or....

Talley56

should Ray Guy not even be a semifinalist for the Hall of Fame until Steve Tasker gets in? If we are putting special teamers into the Hall then Tasker should get in easily ahead of a punter. I get that Guy's career began and ended before Tasker's but still...

Edited by Talley56

Just you. I loved Tasker as a player but Ray Guy was better and more dominant over a longer period of time at his position than Steve Tasker was at his. Ray Guy was ridiculously good, from the time he walked on the field until the time he walked off.

Guy was a great punter. In 14 years he made 7 Pro Bowls and 3 times was First Team All Pro. He lead the league in punting average 3 times. I did not see stats for net punting yards which is more meaningful but he was known for great hang time. He was excellent for sure.

Takser played 13 years and made 7 Pro Bowls.

Tasker excelled at kick-off coverage, punt coverage, he returned kicks (lead league in punt returns one year), and he was good receiver too. He effectively ran the end-around, he scored 9 touchdowns as a WR, he has a safety to his credit, he recovered 7 fumbles, and he recovered several on-sides kicks.

Tasker was fearless. He was a complete and great football player. I vote for the football player.

Edited by Bob in STL

Guy was a great punter. In 14 years he made 7 Pro Bowls and 3 times was First Team All Pro. He lead the league in punting average 3 times. I did not see stats for net punting yards which is more meaningful but he was known for great hang time. He was excellent for sure.

Takser played 13 years and made 7 Pro Bowls.

Tasker excelled at kick-off coverage, punt coverage, he returned kicks (lead league in punt returns one year), and he was good receiver too. He effectively ran the end-around, he scored 9 touchdowns as a WR, he has a safety to his credit, he recovered 7 fumbles, and he recovered several on-sides kicks.

Tasker was fearless. He was a complete and great football player. I vote for the football player.

Tasker also was the MVP of one of his Pro Bowls and "redefined" how this position was played. Teams game planned for handling the 5' 9" Tasker.