3 New Zealand teens found after 50 days at sea

Beerball

Yeah, this is a great story.

No to nit-pick but, the boys were actually from the island of Tokelau (near Samoa) and were rescued by Kiwis.

This was exactly the story New Zealand needed after last weeks mining disaster, where 29 lost their lives.

No problem with nits...I read this and assumed that Tokelau was part of NZ.

disappeared while attempting to row between two islands in the New Zealand territory of Tokelau

Is Tokelau to NZ what PR is to the US?

No problem with nits...I read this and assumed that Tokelau was part of NZ.

Is Tokelau to NZ what PR is to the US?

To be honest, I don't know the "legal" relationship between NZ and the other south pacific islands, but I think your analogy of the US/PR is close.

Just found this on WikiPedia

"New Zealand administers Tokelau (formerly known as the Tokelau Islands) as a non self-governing colonial territory. In February 2006 a UN-sponsored referendum was held in Tokelau on whether to become a self-governing state, but this failed to achieve the two-thirds majority required to pass. Samoa was a New Zealand protectorate from 1918 to full independence in 1962. However New Zealand retains some responsibilities for former colonies Niue and the Cook Islands which are in free association with New Zealand. Citizens of all three countries hold New Zealand citizenship and the associated rights to healthcare and education in New Zealand.

New Zealand has also claimed part of Antarctica known as the Ross Dependency since 1923."

To be honest, I don't know the "legal" relationship between NZ and the other south pacific islands, but I think your analogy of the US/PR is close.

Just found this on WikiPedia

"New Zealand administers Tokelau (formerly known as the Tokelau Islands) as a non self-governing colonial territory. In February 2006 a UN-sponsored referendum was held in Tokelau on whether to become a self-governing state, but this failed to achieve the two-thirds majority required to pass. Samoa was a New Zealand protectorate from 1918 to full independence in 1962. However New Zealand retains some responsibilities for former colonies Niue and the Cook Islands which are in free association with New Zealand. Citizens of all three countries hold New Zealand citizenship and the associated rights to healthcare and education in New Zealand.

New Zealand has also claimed part of Antarctica known as the Ross Dependency since 1923."

Thanks! :thumbsup: