A visual as to why

Thoner7

This play caught a ton of flack. Was it catchable? Yes. Was it high and behind the WR? Yes. Is this a ball that is routinely caught in the NFL? No.

When throwing a slant pass the ball can not slow the WR down and it most certainly cannot be high. That is one of the very simple basics of quarterbacking. This pass was high and did not lead the WR. Being slightly behind the WR allowed the DB to make a play on the ball and resulted in the WR not catching it. It was high which made it a tough catch and the reason the S was able to pick it off. If the ball was leading the WR and at waist height or lower like it should have been, the DB cannot make a play on the ball and even if SJ doesnt catch it, it wouldnt have been picked. That is why I put the blame on this pick on Fitz.

This is why I am always complaining about Fitz's accuracy. This is why I dont feel confident in him being able to take us to the playoffs. This is the same reason why I dont liek Mallet as a prospect.

We are 0-3 in overtime, and dont have a good record in the 4th Qrter either. A poorly placed pass, like this one, like the one vrs KC, like the one vrs Balt, they play a huge part in why we are 2-9. If he cannot take us to the Playoffs, he is not my QB of the future.

ok I have a picture here that I tired to upload but it didnt work? Any advice?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This play caught a ton of flack. Was it catchable? Yes. Was it high and behind the WR? Yes. Is this a ball that is routinely caught in the NFL? No.

When throwing a slant pass the ball can not slow the WR down and it most certainly cannot be high. That is one of the very simple basics of quarterbacking. This pass was high and did not lead the WR. Being slightly behind the WR allowed the DB to make a play on the ball and resulted in the WR not catching it. It was high which made it a tough catch and the reason the S was able to pick it off. If the ball was leading the WR and at waist height or lower like it should have been, the DB cannot make a play on the ball and even if SJ doesnt catch it, it wouldnt have been picked. That is why I put the blame on this pick on Fitz.

This is why I am always complaining about Fitz's accuracy. This is why I dont feel confident in him being able to take us to the playoffs. This is the same reason why I dont liek Mallet as a prospect.

We are 0-3 in overtime, and dont have a good record in the 4th Qrter either. A poorly placed pass, like this one, like the one vrs KC, like the one vrs Balt, they play a huge part in why we are 2-9. If he cannot take us to the Playoffs, he is not my QB of the future.

What you are conveniently blind to is that Fitz is a leader. Yeah he makes bad plays but guess what? He leads clutch drives. Go back and play your XBox because it's obvious that's where your football smarts come from.

PTR

What you are conveniently blind to is that Fitz is a leader. Yeah he makes bad plays but guess what? He leads clutch drives. Go back and play your XBox because it's obvious that's where your football smarts come from.

PTR

Yes it hit him in the hands, I said that, but witha 6 foot wingspan it could be anywhere in a 6 foot diameter and technically "hit him in the hands" It was a bad pass. If you can post images let me know

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010112801/2010/REG12/steelers@bills#tab:watch

Fitz is such a leader....leading us to another lose.

And PS I dont own an xbox

Edited by Thoner7

We are 0-3 in overtime because...

1. A questionable non-call on lack of forward progress leading to a fumble.

2. That stupid freezing the kicker tactic, after Lindell made the first field goal.

3. A dropped perfectly thrown TD pass.

Yes it hit him in the hands, I said that, but it was a bad pass. If you can post images let me know

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010112801/2010/REG12/steelers@bills#tab:watch

Fitz is such a leader....leading us to another lose.

And PS I dont own an xbox

Thank you for that deep thought. Losing bad. Duh. You're right. Let's cut Fitz and Start Brohm. Then let's cut Brohm and start a rookie QB that we draft #1. Then we can draft another QB in 2012.

PTR

Congrats. This may officially the worst post in the history of this place and that's saying something.

You write this post after Fitz threw a perfect pass for a game winning td in overtime that his receiver dropped? You write this after Fitz, without 2 drops by Johnson, threw for 300+ yards and 2 tds against the number 1 defense in the league?

If you are being serious, I think you should avoid posting for a long time.

We are 0-3 in overtime because...

1. A questionable non-call on lack of forward progress leading to a fumble.

2. That stupid freezing the kicker tactic, after Lindell made the first field goal.

3. A dropped perfectly thrown TD pass.

We had multiple chance to put away today's game and came up short. The offense did not help out the defense in any way. I wish this coaching staff will realize why they need to involve Fred Jackson in this offense and build around him rather than the other way around.

We had multiple chance to put away today's game and came up short. The offense did not help out the defense in any way. I wish this coaching staff will realize why they need to involve Fred Jackson in this offense and build around him rather than the other way around.

Yes, multiple chances. I'll count some.

Drop #1 by Stevie.

Drop #2 by Stevie.

Drop #3 by Stevie.

Drop #4 by Stevie.

Drop #5 by Stevie.

Drop #6 by Stevie.

The defense wasn't a gem either. How many third down conversions did they stop? How many rushing yards did they give up?

I have been reading TBD since 2003 and this thread is "BY FAR" the biggest WASTE of internet ever! That ball was placed perfectly in Johnson's bread basket and he dropped it. Matter of fact, it was one of the nicest passes I've seen Fitz make yet! You are burnt my friend...... BURNT!

Congratulations, this is the dumbest thread topic I've ever seen posted here at TSW.

PTR

As usual the robot speaks the truth. The people who B word now about Fitz making some bad decisions are the same ones who were bitching about Edwards checking down all the time. The facts today say the INT came on a tip (yes, of an ill advised pass) and a very catchable game winner that unfortunately Johnson (who had a bad day for once) could not hold onto. Oh, and a bunch of drops in the first half. Hardly a game to complain about Fitz.

Well he mentions several details about the pass all of which match the deflected INT and not the overtime drop. Most importantly the fact it was picked off.

And I posted a link to video of the Polamalu pick. I have a great freeze frame that shows what I am saying. I was under the impression we could post pictures now with the upload tool while making a new thread.

Anti-Fitzpatrick crusade noted and laughed at. Do you and billsfreek share notes per chance?

Here is the only thing you need to know about that pass, which you even admitted:

Was it catchable? Yes.

Why are you even discussing this?