Driving advice Atlanta - Buffalo, any truckers here ?

drinkTHEkoolaid

I'm driving Atlanta to Buffalo in a few days and want to know what route you prefer and why?

I'm looking to get home as quickly as possible and most of my driving will be overnight if that makes a difference for traffic or not.

I'm leaning towards option 1 taking I75 to Cincy, then cut over on I71 to cleveland then 90 home.

option 2 would be I85 to Charlotte then up I77 to west virginia, then US19, and I79 up pennsylvania

mileage wise they show on google as being almost identical.

Anyone have experience with what route has "less or less strict" speed enforcement? which is an easier driving route? any thoughts or opinions are appreciated, thanks all

I'm driving Atlanta to Buffalo in a few days and want to know what route you prefer and why?

I'm looking to get home as quickly as possible and most of my driving will be overnight if that makes a difference for traffic or not.

I'm leaning towards option 1 taking I75 to Cincy, then cut over on I71 to cleveland then 90 home.

option 2 would be I85 to Charlotte then up I77 to west virginia, then US19, and I79 up pennsylvania

mileage wise they show on google as being almost identical.

Anyone have experience with what route has "less or less strict" speed enforcement? which is an easier driving route? any thoughts or opinions are appreciated, thanks all

75 - 71 - 270 - 71 - 90.

The speeds will make up for any mileage. Be careful in Lexington, KY, there is usually speedtraps outside of the city. 75 is fast, and 90 is even faster.

I have done the 77 to 19, it's not that bad. I live just above Charlotte and traveled to both Toledo and Buffalo in the last 2 1/2 months.

75 - 71 - 270 - 71 - 90.

The speeds will make up for any mileage. Be careful in Lexington, KY, there is usually speedtraps outside of the city. 75 is fast, and 90 is even faster.

I have done the 77 to 19, it's not that bad. I live just above Charlotte and traveled to both Toledo and Buffalo in the last 2 1/2 months.

thanks for feedback.

Isn't speed limit on I75 in kentucky 75mph? or is it 70?

what about taking I77 all the way up through WV to cleveland then 90 east? ever take that route?

thanks for feedback.

Isn't speed limit on I75 in kentucky 75mph? or is it 70?

what about taking I77 all the way up through WV to cleveland then 90 east? ever take that route?

70 in KY last I remember, may have changed.

Instead of 77 to Cland, you should just take 77N to 19N to 79N. 19N is beautiful. The fastest way to Buffalo/Rochester from central NC is getting to 79. Mapquest says going thru KY and OH is 12 minutes faster, but I think you will easily make up for this going up 77-19-79.

If you do get on 79, just realize that it is almost impossible to find diesel between pburgh and Erie is Mercer. I even tried to get off and go around looking for it, I almost ran out of fuel.

70 in KY last I remember, may have changed.

Instead of 77 to Cland, you should just take 77N to 19N to 79N. 19N is beautiful. The fastest way to Buffalo/Rochester from central NC is getting to 79. Mapquest says going thru KY and OH is 12 minutes faster, but I think you will easily make up for this going up 77-19-79.

If you do get on 79, just realize that it is almost impossible to find diesel between pburgh and Erie is Mercer. I even tried to get off and go around looking for it, I almost ran out of fuel.

thanks, no diesel for me, regular is just fine

in all honesty, i plan to mostly be driving overnight so I don't really care about scenery, so i guess that also gets rid of my worry about rush hour traffic in cities. I'm just looking to find the quickest/easiest/fewest speed traps route that i can find!

75 - 71 - 270 - 71 - 90.

This route. Make the trip home and back about once a year and this is the best way, for sure. Although, I wish I could find a route that didnt include Ohio, or rather, that Ohio just didnt exist. I hate driving through Ohio, but I have no choice.

This route. Make the trip home and back about once a year and this is the best way, for sure. Although, I wish I could find a route that didnt include Ohio, or rather, that Ohio just didnt exist. I hate driving through Ohio, but I have no choice.

This is the route i took from BUF to atlanta. Just curious if anyone else had better or worse experiences with other routes.

I'm not kidding i went through over 10 speed traps in Ohio and it got frusterating. That is one of the biggest reasons i am thinking of trying another route.