President gets split lip

Nanker

Most around here know that I'm not a real fan, but I never like to see a President get hurt.

Ouch.

Hope you have a quick recovery, Mr. President.

$5 each to the first person that

1) Finds the story online about how irresponsible it was for Obama to be playing basketball while unemployment's so high and there's about to be a war on the Korean peninsula, or

2) Finds the story claiming it's not REALLY a basketball injury, but Michelle belted him for being unfaithful. $5 extra if the story says he was unfaithful with Nancy Pelosi.

I know those stories will be out there by Monday.

Most around here know that I'm not a real fan, but I never like to see a President get hurt.

Ouch.

Hope you have a quick recovery, Mr. President.

Must have been a pretty spirited game. Actually while I am not a fan of Obama, I say good for him for not making a fuss over the situation. I also say kudos for playing hard.

1) Finds the story online about how irresponsible it was for Obama to be playing basketball while unemployment's so high and there's about to be a war on the Korean peninsula, or

2) Finds the story claiming it's not REALLY a basketball injury, but Michelle belted him for being unfaithful. $5 extra if the story says he was unfaithful with Nancy Pelosi.

Not online, but Hannity's replacement today just said a few minutes ago something along the lines of, "Well, it was a year ago today that Tiger Woods having a wreck with a split lip was the story and we all see how that turned out. I mean probably not, but who knows?"

So it begins...

Not online, but Hannity's replacement today just said a few minutes ago something along the lines of, "Well, it was a year ago today that Tiger Woods having a wreck with a split lip was the story and we all see how that turned out. I mean probably not, but who knows?"

So it begins...

:wallbash:

I owe you $5. Conner has it, you can get it from him.

Must have been a pretty spirited game. Actually while I am not a fan of Obama, I say good for him for not making a fuss over the situation. I also say kudos for playing hard.

I say kudos too and I guess he won't have to have any of the left over turkey now.

http://nowtheeagle.blogspot.com/2010/11/obama-what-really-happened-to.html

Too bad they couldn't work their way to stitch up his mouth while they were in the vicinity.

Let me be clear.

It is unfortunate that security policy dictates the President and Vice President can only be together at certain times. Had Mr Biden been present for my stitching I would have asked the good Doctor for a two-for-one special.

I've given and gotten stitches playing basketball. Never anything more than just normal contact...both times elbows to chins.

I get that but you might also postulate that given he is the president guys around him might play a bit softer or more cautiously. I'm not trying to split hairs. Rather, I was just trying to comment that it is nice to know he can play a game in a "normal" way.

And how would he have made a "fuss" over the situation? Declaring marital law?

Martial law??? There were many options much less draconian. He did not even call the guy out by name ... simply doing this would likely have caused a flury of stories in the press... "Joe X has been called a habitual elbow thrower by people who play with him often" .... "Joe X was known to get into foul trouble in H.S." .... "Joe X was once under investigation by his third grade teacher for pulling Susy Q's hair during recess." etc. etc. This is the kind of "news" we get to hear about in the age of 24X7 reporting.