Jeff Garcia needs to have his sorry

Beerball

Can you imagine any other veteran QB pulling the stojan Garcia did? Terry Robiskie has his first team meeting as interim coach and asks those that think they are team leaders to stand up. Twenty-two players stood up. Jeff Garcia was not among them. I cannot fathom that happening anywhere else in the NFL.

Jeff Garcia=Billy Joe=fuggin loser

Can you imagine any other veteran QB pulling the stojan Garcia did?  Terry Robiskie has his first team meeting as interim coach and asks those that think they are team leaders to stand up.  Twenty-two players stood up.  Jeff Garcia was not among them.  I cannot fathom that happening anywhere else in the NFL. 

Jeff Garcia=Billy Joe=fuggin loser

154677[/snapback]

atleast he knows where he stands.

22 people stood up? i guess the 5th WR was "team leader"

Terry Robiskie has his first team meeting as interim coach and asks those that think they are team leaders to stand up.

Are you talking about the bizarre incident with the shovel and the bucket of ice?

I'm not sure how I'd have reacted to that awkward bit either.

Cya

Are you talking about the bizarre incident with the shovel and the bucket of ice?

I'm not sure how I'd have reacted to that awkward bit either.

Cya

154686[/snapback]

I know nothing about shovels and ICE, just what I read in the D&C. Perhaps you could fill us in on the ICE incident?

I know nothing about shovels and ICE, just what I read in the D&C.  Perhaps you could fill us in on the ICE incident?

154687[/snapback]

Robiskie asked anyone who thought they were a leader to stand up. 22 players stood up (not including Garcia). Robiskie then showed them a shovel and a bucket of ice and said - if I was digging my way to hell to fight the devil and all I had was this bucket of ice to fight him with, would you go with me? (Not the exact words but something like that). Anyway, that's all I know. Dr. Z referenced it in his power rankings and there is actually a video on the Browns website that shows Robiskie saying this.

It's an open secret here in my hometown that Garcia and Robiske simply do not like each other.

Garcia tried to defend himself on the radio this AM saying something to the tune of "my teammates know where I stand".

Jeff, you are supposed to be a leader, not sit on the bench collecting your $6 million while the Playmate of the Year tends to your wounds.

What a sorry bunch this Browns team is this year. And I know it's not everyone on the team, but still...

Mike

Robiskie asked anyone who thought they were a leader to stand up.  22 players stood up (not including Garcia).  Robiskie then showed them a shovel and a bucket of ice and said - if I was digging my way to hell to fight the devil and all I had was this bucket of ice to fight him with, would you go with me?  (Not the exact words but something like that).  Anyway, that's all I know.  Dr. Z referenced it in his power rankings and there is actually a video on the Browns website that shows Robiskie saying this.

154707[/snapback]

What the hell is that all about?!?!? Maybe Garcia was so confused that he didn't know he should stand up.

What the hell is that all about?!?!?  Maybe Garcia was so confused that he didn't know he should stand up.

154719[/snapback]

Nah, the situation didn't get wacked out (and that is one wacked out story, thanks DC) until after he asked the leaders to stand up.

ICE fighting the devil? Some here would say that is an impossibility. ;)

What the hell is that all about?!?!?  Maybe Garcia was so confused that he didn't know he should stand up.

154719[/snapback]

Here's Dr. Z's comment about it (pretty funny!)

For his first team meeting as interim coach, Terry Robiskie walked to the front of the room with a bucket and a shovel of ice ... make that a shovel and a bucket of ice ... and asked any players who considered themselves leaders to step forward. Then he grabbed his shovel and said, "If I were digging a hole to hell and was going to fight the devil and had nothing but this bucket of ice to fight him with, would you go with me?" The report ends there, but I can guess what happened. The room broke up into individual caucuses. Some players asked, "Would I what? With what?" Some were moved to tears. A few clenched their fists and said, "I gotta get out of this place." Stay tuned. I'll have more to report later.

For his first team meeting as interim coach, Terry Robiskie walked to the front of the room with a bucket and a shovel of ice.....and asked any players who considered themselves leaders to step forward. Then he grabbed his shovel and said, "If I were digging a hole to hell and was going to fight the devil and had nothing but this bucket of ice to fight him with, would you go with me?"

Yep, that's the one I was talking about. Thanx DC.

If I'm in a room and a guy I think is an idiot walks in with a shovel and bucket of ice and asks me if I want to be a leader, I may well choose discretion as the better part of valor until I know exactly what the hell it is that he's up to.

otoh, if I'm the starting QB it's probably part of my job to stand up.

Garcia probably should have stepped forward, but I can't give him too much grief considering the bizarre situation.

At least it wasn't an axe and a stump;-)

Cya

Frankly, in my eyes, Garcia has already tried to be the leader during the preseason when he called out a player or two for not reporting to camp, and being strong in terms of telling people the whole team needs to show up if they are going to have a chance. In fact, I recall two instances where he put his nuts on the line publically.

I'd be much more inclined to believe what Buckeyemike is saying, particularly based on the other Cleveland information he has provided above and beyond your basic "here's what I think" post.