DVD Player Error

Richmond_Bills

I have a cheap DVD/VCR combo player. I haven't had any problems with it until tonight. Put in a DVD to play for the kids, the display said "read" for a long period and then "error" and then it spit the disk out. I'm not technically savvy at all and I've never seen this. Any help appreciated.

Is it a store bought DVD or a homemade? SOme cheap DVD players have trouble playing homemade discs. You can try cleaning the DVD and trying again, Is it the only DVD that isn't working or are you having trouble no matter what disc you try? The other thing is that cheapies from China pretty much suck and can die in an instant. I had a COBY that I picked up because it had a PAL to NTSC converter imbedded and it died after literally five plays...

Is it a store bought DVD or a homemade? SOme cheap DVD players have trouble playing homemade discs. You can try cleaning the DVD and trying again, Is it the only DVD that isn't working or are you having trouble no matter what disc you try? The other thing is that cheapies from China pretty much suck and can die in an instant. I had a COBY that I picked up because it had a PAL to NTSC converter imbedded and it died after literally five plays...

I agree. I have 2 that were like $20 and replaced them both in 5 years. They're the same quality as the one I bought for $40 and it hasn't poopooed yet. sometimes they just blow up.

you probably bought it from best buy....back in '08...walmart and best buy produced electronic products that were designed to break down only after they were certain Circuit City was out of the picture, because they knew we were on to them...we were ready to blow the whistle on the whole scam, but they got to us first....don't believe me??? look it up

I have a cheap DVD/VCR combo player. I haven't had any problems with it until tonight. Put in a DVD to play for the kids, the display said "read" for a long period and then "error" and then it spit the disk out. I'm not technically savvy at all and I've never seen this. Any help appreciated.

you probably bought it from best buy....back in '08...walmart and best buy produced electronic products that were designed to break down only after they were certain Circuit City was out of the picture, because they knew we were on to them...we were ready to blow the whistle on the whole scam, but they got to us first....don't believe me??? look it up

Either I do not understand your post or Crayonz has got ahold of your password?

Does it do it with any other DVDs? Or just that one?

Dude, let it go.

[/quote

Clean the DVD real good and then try it.

RIP combo player. Helloooooo BLURAY!!!! :thumbsup: