McGee vs Winfield

RVJ

We sure got a bargain keeping McGee over Winfield. Plus he's one of the best kick

returners in the league.

Winfield 84 tackles 73 solo 11 ast....3 ints 2004 salary $1,600,000

McGee 67 tackles 60 solo 7 ast....3 ints 2004 salary $305,000

Winfield is playing very well in Minni -- scratch that -- he was palying well -- his ankle is screwed up now. I agree that we got the better end of the deal. We have linebackers who can tackle the running back. We need someone who can cover top receivers -- McGee is getting to that point already.

I would agree, plus teams don't throw to Winfield's side very often, limiting the number of tackles and helping the defense in other ways...teams have shown no fear of throwing at Terrence...

154675[/snapback]

If he keeps intercepting the ball and starts returning a few few for TD's there teams will throw there less.

Winfield is playing very well in Minni -- scratch that -- he was palying well -- his ankle is screwed up now. I agree that we got the better end of the deal. We have linebackers who can tackle the running back. We need someone who can cover top receivers -- McGee is getting to that point already.

154679[/snapback]

I think this says it very well. And I was one who was pretty bummed when he decided to leave.

I was one of Winfield's biggest fans (hence my former user name) but there is no way we could match Minnesota's offer to him. I wouldn't say that McGee is comparable to Winfield because McGee still is getting fried much more but for our defense and the playmakers we have - we don't need Winfield. Winfield immediately improves your run defense because he is one of the best tackling cornerbacks but luckily for us, we have Sam Adams, Pat Williams and fast linebackers to cover that part. And if we continue to improve the pass rush - we won't need McGee to be a top cornerback.

I will still root for Winfield to succeed as long as we aren't playing Minnesota because he gave his all when he was a Bill. I don't think it's contradictory to say he was an awesome Bills player and clearly better than McGee at this point but that it was the right decision to let him go.

We sure got a bargain keeping McGee over Winfield. Plus he's one of the best kick

returners in the league.

Winfield  84 tackles  73 solo  11 ast....3 ints  2004 salary $1,600,000

McGee    67 tackles  60 solo  7  ast....3 ints  2004 salary $305,000

154600[/snapback]

Mini overpaid for Winfield, but I still think he's one hell of a player.