Bills need to go spread formation if they...

1billsfan

...want to have any chance to beat the Steelers. They will have no shot if they try to run the ball against that team. Use the Pats blueprint and pass pass pass.

that's a GREAT way to LOSE a game. Thanks for the insight. Our defense isn't suited to play that kind of game. If we don't play ball control, we wont win. I dont want to get into a shootout with Roethlisberger and Wallace. NO thanks. Fred Jackson and our o-line needs to step it up a notch

Unfortunately, I think both of you have valid points, and it's why we're probably going to lose. Our defense isn't solid enough to stop a premier offense if we surrender ball-control with a pass-heavy attack. At the same time, the Bills are not built to win a battle in the trenches with this Steelers team.

I suppose the best we can do is to stick with the recently successful formula that we've been using. 60% pass, 40% run. Hope for the best.

So was the Ravens defense and we put up 34. You can't change an offense on a week-by-week basis and expect to have success.

Noooo...the Ravens defense isnt what they used to be so it's different. Mike Goodson, the Panthers 3rd string RB just SHREDDED them for over 120 yds. Trust me. The Ravens defense arent the dominant defense they once were.

So was the Ravens defense and we put up 34. You can't change an offense on a week-by-week basis and expect to have success.

You do know that the Pats went almost exclusively to the spread because it was, and still is, the only achilles of that defense. The spread is not the Pats main offensive scheme. Time for the Bills to take advantage of that blueprint to at least give them a chance how ever small it may be. I'm telling you right now, if the Bills try running the ball they will be throwing away downs and drives against the Steelers.

Good point, my bad.

You do know that the Pats went almost exclusively to the spread because it was, and still is, the only achilles of that defense. The spread is not the Pats main offensive scheme. Time for the Bills to take advantage of that blueprint to at least give them a chance how ever small it may be. I'm telling you right now, if the Bills try running the ball they will be throwing away downs and drives against the Steelers.

You do realize that we utilize the spread pretty frequently right? All I'm saying is the offense we have been running has been working pretty well, why fix what's not broken?

Use the offense that can score the most points, and let the defense do the best it can. The other way "Ball Control" is also known as " Dick Jauron Ball". The Steelers offense sometimes has it's problems too.

Why do people want to play scared?

Thank you. The answer to your question tho is that fans are used to dick jauron ball and the end of the greg williams era, the mularkey era, and jauron were all similar. It'll take time to get used to the fact that our offense now is normal for a good team.

Noooo...the Ravens defense isnt what they used to be so it's different. Mike Goodson, the Panthers 3rd string RB just SHREDDED them for over 120 yds. Trust me. The Ravens defense arent the dominant defense they once were.

Really?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

...want to have any chance to beat the Steelers. They will have no shot if they try to run the ball against that team. Use the Pats blueprint and pass pass pass.

Absolutely...NOBODY runs the ball against the Steelers, although you still need to do a few token runs here and there to keep them a little honest...Patriots have destroyed the Steelers multiple times the past few years through the air and I think Fitzy can carve them up the same way...

Edited by matter2003

Sorry DOMINANT defenses don't give up 100+ yd rushing games. ESPECIALLY to 3rd string RB's on one of the worst offenses in the league. Drool over stats all you want. Ravens defense doesnt strike fear anymore like the Steelers still do.

BTW...According to those stats we have a better pass defense than they do. Do we really??? :unsure:

Edited by DreReed83

Sorry DOMINANT defenses don't give up 100+ yd rushing games. ESPECIALLY to 3rd string RB's on one of the worst offenses in the league. Drool over stats all you want. Ravens defense doesnt strike fear anymore like the Steelers still do.

BTW...According to those stats we have a better pass defense than they do. Do we really??? :unsure:

So if a defense gives up one 100+ yard game a year they are no longer eligible to be considered "DOMINANT". Got it.

Since the Steelers can score fast and often you come out pass first against them then try to open up a running game on that. It is not a run first league anymore, unless you have weather that dictates it (in which case I think we are kind of screwed). That all being said there are ways to run the ball against teams that are good at stopping it and we need to do our best to try it.

I am honestly more concerned with getting them off the field and winning the TOP and TO battles, our D needs a big game more so than the O IMO. We have been pretty good playing at our opponents levels the past several weeks, I hope we can keep that up and just beat down a good team for a change.