Maybin Vs J.Scott

If Maybin is ever going to get into a game, and get his career started this has to be the week. I remember left tackle J. Scott from last year. I saw him two weeks ago VS the Pats, he gave up 3 sacks and multiple pressures. He has struggled against speed type rushers. Maybin knows this guy, he's practiced against him, this is got be his spot to play and gain some confidents. I don't think he starts, but he should be able to get things going. If he can't get on the field this week I think all hope with his guy is lost.

Edited by clearwater cadet

I thought this post was going to be about how safety Bryan Scott has 3.0 sacks on the season, while our first round pick from 2009 can't even sniff the field.

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Maybin has sniffed the field many times. In fact, I've even seen grass from the field stuck in his facemask.

I cannot believe i am saying this....You would recommend Maybin replace Kelsay at defensive end?? Kelsay reeks as a linebacker, but has been so much more effective these last 2 weeks lined up as DE. I'd say keep Kelsay there

I thought this post was going to be about how safety Bryan Scott has 3.0 sacks on the season, while our first round pick from 2009 can't even sniff the field.

The above sums up the situation perfectly. Maybin will see the field this year only if someone(s) ahead of him on the depth chart is injured. Personally, I believe Maybin gets the offseason to prove his value to the team but absent a big step forward he will be cut and go down as a bigger draft bust than Mike Williams. Personally, I hope the opposite is true and he finally "gets it" and is able to play up to his supposed potential. However, if I was to bet money ...

I cannot believe i am saying this....You would recommend Maybin replace Kelsay at defensive end?? Kelsay reeks as a linebacker, but has been so much more effective these last 2 weeks lined up as DE. I'd say keep Kelsay there

Sorry, but I was thinking, only on passing downs, and coming from the left side. I try to make the point that J. Scott should be a favorable matchup for some one like Maybin, and at the very least he should suit up. It not a reflection on how anyone else has been playing expect J. Scott.

I give Kelsay credit, he has played good the last two weeks, but I think he plays the right side. Might also be a good spot for Merriman to come in and play if he's healthy.

Edited by clearwater cadet

If Maybin is ever going to get into a game, and get his career started this has to be the week. I remember left tackle J. Scott from last year. I saw him two weeks ago VS the Pats, he gave up 3 sacks and multiple pressures. He has struggled against speed type rushers. Maybin knows this guy, he's practiced against him, this is got be his spot to play and gain some confidents. I don't think he starts, but he should be able to get things going. If he can't get on the field this week I think all hope with his guy is lost.

It actually makes sense. His benching has a lot to do with special teams I would suppose because Moats isn't doing anything special while he's out their either.

I'd prefer to see Merriman at that spot, but who knows if he ever steps on the playing field for us.