Could the Bills make tha playoffs with Fitz and an average defense?

Big Turk

With Fitz, the Bills certainly score enough points to win games most of the time. I am starting to think if we had even an average defense, this team could make the playoffs, or at least challenge very strongly for one. If they had an above average D, they would definitely be in the playoffs with Fitz...the dude is just a baller.

If we can't get Luck, the Bills should go defense heavily...

With Fitz, the Bills certainly score enough points to win games most of the time. I am starting to think if we had even an average defense, this team could make the playoffs, or at least challenge very strongly for one. If they had an above average D, they would definitely be in the playoffs with Fitz...the dude is just a baller.

If Fitz looks horrible vs. good teams like the Steelers, Jets, and Pats(a possibility) the need for a QB would still be a possibility---and since the Bills have played their way out of the Luck sweepstakes, I fear the above scenario will lead the Bills to take either Mallett or Locker--two prospects with much more uncertainty surrounding their NFL prospects than Luck.

I know I've been driving the Luck bandwagon around here lately, but since it appears that ship has sailed, I hope you guys are right about Fitz, because the other QB prospects in the draft certainly don't impress me.

That's exactly how I feel. Fitz has put together 8 solid games and has earned the right to remain the starter for the foreseeable future. Our defense is definitely our Achilles heel. The impact of a solid defense was on display in the second half today when we shut out their offense and came back to win by a healthy margin.

Luck trumps all in this draft, but if we can't get Luck, then we have to have the best available front 7 player at our pick.