The 12 Days of a Buffalo Bills Christmas

rockpile

I am looking to have a this song made available on a web site so anyone who wants it can access it.

IF you have a web site and can post the song, PM me your e-mail address, and I will send you the MP3. I do not want to have to mail it out to everyone, I want to mail it out to someone who will put it up for public access.

Bob Lamb gave this to me on cassette tape (was it just last December, Bob?) and my son converted it to MP3.

It is from 1980 and pretty corny, but a great audio snapshot of the times.

Guest Guest_KiR_*

"It is from 1980 and pretty corny, but a great audio snapshot of the times."

Pretty corny? Let's go back to those times. After a decade of losing, which included a 0-20 record against Miami, Chuck Knox's boys had us literally dancing on the bleachers (to the "talking proud" song). The city was at the depths of it's lows, and a division title in this silly game had us feeling good in an otherwise crappy life. Without the context of being there, ya it's corny. But for those that can remember, it was a case it point of how collective optimism can take over an entire town. You feel it in the air when you go to the bank or the grocery store, and you see the smiles in peoples faces. People that know nothing about the game are on the the bandwagon talking about football. Good stuff.

When you get a site for the MP3, post the link.

"It is from 1980 and pretty corny, but a great audio snapshot of the times."

Pretty corny?  Let's go back to those times.  After a decade of losing, which included a 0-20 record against Miami, Chuck Knox's boys had us literally dancing on the bleachers (to the "talking proud" song).  The city was at the depths of it's lows, and a division title in this silly game had us feeling good in an otherwise crappy life.  Without the context of being there, ya it's corny.  But for those that can remember, it was a case it point of how collective optimism can take over an entire town.  You feel it in the air when you go to the bank or the grocery store, and you see the smiles in peoples faces.  People that know nothing about the game are on the the bandwagon talking about football.  Good stuff.

When you get a site for the MP3, post the link.

154585[/snapback]

... and a Ralph Wilson Super Bowl Win!

I sing it to myself every once in a while when things get tough.

I am looking to have a this song made available on a web site so anyone who wants it can access it.

IF you have a web site and can post the song, PM me your e-mail address, and I will send you the MP3. I do not want to have to mail it out to everyone, I want to mail it out to someone who will put it up for public access.

Bob Lamb gave this to me on cassette tape (was it just last December, Bob?) and my son converted it to MP3.

It is from 1980 and pretty corny, but a great audio snapshot of the times.

154291[/snapback]

Man, the memories. Home from college for the holiday's, back with all the highschool buds and budettes drinking screamers in the local gin mill (never heard a bar called a gin mill outside of WNY) and screaming out the 12 days of a Buffalo Bills Christmas.

Mick-Meyer Kicking...

Fez - something is messed up on your site for me.

Talkin Proud has been added as well...

Greatest Songs Ever

Buffalos Got the Spirit (talkin proud, talkin proud)

Listen Up and you'll hear it (talking proud, talkin proud)

remember the commercial with thousands of people charging down delaware avenue singing?

funny stuff.

I just get a white page with this exact text:

Source: Bob Lamb gave Rockpile a cassette with the song - at a tailgate in Buffalo last December

<A HREF="./bills.mp3>The Twelve Days of a Buffalo Bills Christmas (1980)

Lyrics: Clark Walter, Mack Hayes, Sandra Hayes

Sung by: Elliot, Warner, and Bennett

I just get a white page with this exact text:

Source: Bob Lamb gave Rockpile a cassette with the song - at a tailgate in Buffalo last December

<A HREF="./bills.mp3>The Twelve Days of a Buffalo Bills Christmas (1980)

Lyrics: Clark Walter, Mack Hayes, Sandra Hayes

Sung by: Elliot, Warner, and Bennett

155022[/snapback]

Use Mozilla/Firefox then. ;)

Fine, I fixed the typo in the HTML so the link should work now. Funny that Mozilla parsed it correctly, even without the " after 'mp3"

CW