Did the refs putting :01 on the clock fire up the defense?

Jerry Jabber

It seemed like the defense was really PO'd about the refs putting :01 second back on the clock at the end of the half, which let the Bengals attempt & make a FG. The whole team, especially the defense seemed fired up about that in the 2nd half, especially Marcus Stroud after his forced fumble which led to a Bills TD. (Plus TO's trash talking I'm sure had our secondary PO'd.)

In the 2nd half defense shut out the Bengals offense, forced 3 turnovers including a forced fumble that was returned for a TD. Plus, it was great to see the offense put up 28 2nd half points as well.

It seemed like the defense was really PO'd about the refs putting :01 second back on the clock at the end of the half, which let the Bengals attempt & make a FG. The whole team, especially the defense seemed fired up about that in the 2nd half, especially Marcus Stroud after his forced fumble which led to a Bills TD. (Plus TO's trash talking I'm sure had our secondary PO'd.)

In the 2nd half defense shut out the Bengals offense, forced 3 turnovers including a forced fumble that was returned for a TD. Plus, it was great to see the offense put up 28 2nd half points as well.

If anything fired up the D, it was this.

Just read the post-game quotes in the thread GoBillsInDallas started and George Wilson contributed their second half performance to this exact play. I can see how because I was pretty fired up in my living room ;)

I thought it was complete BS that the refs gave the Bengals :01 to kick a FG. But, I'm glad the team used it as motivation to shut out the Bengals and play the best football they had all year long, in the 2nd half.

If anything fired up the D, it was this.

You would think ... that just playing in the NFL for millions of dollars would fire up players!

Obviously this incredibly bad officials' call was enough to tick off anyone who was watching the game but I'd like to see the D motivated just by the desire of winning next week and come out fired up!

I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I actually felt worse about the phantom pass interference call on Reggie Corner in the 4th quarter.

I see it both ways: I am with the Bills and felt it was a terrible 'gimme' by the officials. On the other hand, if it were the Bills who were given the 'freebie', I would not be complaining in the slightest.

I guess at the end of the day, regardless of who the call favored, it was pretty p!$$ poor officiating.

And what kind of 'roids is Coleman on, anyways?

I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I actually felt worse about the phantom pass interference call on Reggie Corner in the 4th quarter.

I see it both ways: I am with the Bills and felt it was a terrible 'gimme' by the officials. On the other hand, if it were the Bills who were given the 'freebie', I would not be complaining in the slightest.

I guess at the end of the day, regardless of who the call favored, it was pretty p!$$ poor officiating.

And what kind of 'roids is Coleman on, anyways?

Maybe Merriman is giving the good stuff to him?

It was definitely hometown officiating today. Glad the Bills did more than enough to get the win today.

I only listened to the game until it was sealed up that switched to the race. I was in the car.

Before that play I did not care if we won or lost, just fun to listen. After that play I wanted us to cream them...who would have thought it came true?