First time watching Luck was yesterday

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Yes, Simon, I guess am quite your polar opposite. While you are known chiefly for your effusive warmth and charm (and for taking shots at me), I am, I guess, an antagonist for disagreeing with another's opinion - especially if the opinion I differ with happens to be one shared by you.

I do my share of in-depth posts, and take my lumps and ridicule from 'antagonists' who don't agree with my opinions - why don't you aim a few of your snarky remarks their way?

Simon wasn't criticizing you for your opinions. He and other are annoyed by the fact that you simply express unsupported opinions, and attack those who disagree with them. You claim to do your share of in-depth posts, but I can't recall having seen any. If you have nothing of substance to contribute to a discussion, at least be respectful of those that do.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad you brought up that play.

I don't mean to be the turd in the punch bowl here because I fully understand how much fun the blindfolded Andrew Luck circle jay is having, but for reals, homey:

That was a great college play. In the NFL he a.) doesn't make it 20 yards past the LOS before being chased down and b.) he sure as **** doesn't forearm shiver a professional DB in the open field like that.

But I agree, it was an awesome college play.

The guy is not Tebow. His skillset transfers to the league.

Thanks for educating us on pro defenders being better than college though. Who knew?

How do you leave Bradford's 50 TD season AND Rivers ENTIRE career off your list?

EDIT: We shouldn't have to do a single-season comparison. But since Luck has only played two, we have to. I'm talking about career numbers. Sorry, but I think he needs another year before I'm sold. His 70% can be accredited to two things: the great OLine in front of him, and the conservative throws he makes.

I was trying to show whose numbers he DID match up with. That's why I also left Mike Vick off the list, because his numbers were putrid.

So the 70% completion CANNOT be attributed to his accuracy? Just the Oline and conservative throws, huh? You need to sit and watch a few full games of Luck, his balls are right on the freakin mark, whether it's a screen pass, a slant, or a deep ball. He has so much touch on his throws it's incredible. So Ryan Mallett can throw it through a brick wall, so could Jeff George. I want a passer, not a thrower.

All this being said, it's starting to become obvious we are not getting that #1 overall pick (which is GREAT considering they're winning) so I'm really hoping our defense gets focused on in this draft if we can't snag Luck.

GO BILLS!!!