anyone watching Stanford vs Cal ?

And the fact that the next QB wasnt taken until the 2nd round shows you how highly that class was thought of.

Actually Tebow was taken in the 1st round, too. Don't understand it myself, but it happened.

Dude, I knwo Luck is being more highly regarded than Bradford, I agree with that too, but those other guys I am sayign are worse than last years other guys. I dont really care where they get drafted, when has draft position ever determined how good a player is in the NFL?

Draft position may not reflect how good a player is the NFL (although there probably is a positive correlation to be made). But draft position does reflect how highly thought of the player is coming out of college. Which was my point. This QB class is considered a strong one, and you will see more QBs drafted in the early rounds.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Tebow was taken in the 1st round, too. Don't understand it myself, but it happened.

Draft position may not reflect how good a player is the NFL (although there probably is a positive correlation to be made). But draft position does reflect how highly thought of the player is coming out of college. Which was my point. This QB class is considered a strong one, and you will see more QBs drafted in the early rounds.

That is flawed logic though. The true test is how well they actually are, because pre draft opinions are just that. You cannot justify J Russels selection because he was selected #1

That is flawed logic though. The true test is how well they actually are, because pre draft opinions are just that. You cannot justify J Russels selection because he was selected #1

We are talking about how well regarded a particular class of college QB's is by scouts and pro teams. Since this particular action happends BEFORE they take one pro snap, anything that happens in the NFL is completely irrelevant to this particular action.

Certainly that is how you judge how good the QBs actually were, but not how well regarded they were in college.