anyone watching Stanford vs Cal ?

Love the confidence. I think Luck has the potential to be great.

Luck just has all the tools you could ever ask for. He can make any throw he needs, has the athleticism to make plays with his feet, has incredible pocket presence, and IMO most importantly has the leadership intangibles that you cannot coach. He looks like the next coming of Peyton Manning and he keeps impressing me every time I watch him play.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw most of the first half, and Luck looked phenomenal.

He's built real thick (body type reminds me of another pretty good QB who played for the Bills), has good wheels, tremendous vision and arm. Willing to stand in the pocket and find his second and third receivers.

It was funny how the commentators could not contain themselves with excitement about this kid - they kept saying that the Cal defense was usually pretty stout but Luck was having his way with it.

Barring something unexpected happening between now and April, if Buddy has a shot at him, he will break the all time record getting that pick in. Count on it.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

In what is supposed to be a very strong QB class, Luck is the cream of the crop.* He's the closest thing there is to a "can't miss" prospect, IMO. If he is available when the Bills pick, they would be crazy to pass on him, IMO.

With that said, I'm not of the opinion the Bills should lose as many games as possible to put themselves in that position. That's silly.

(*Should be decide to enter the draft in 2011.)

looks like this game is at halftime and Luck has decent numbers.

anyone watching the game? how does he look?

I watched him for the 1st time. I caught the 2nd and 3rd quarter. I would've watched longer had it been a closer game. He's GOOD all right! The 2 TD passes to # 89 were GREAT...pinpoint like. I see why he has been such a hot topic.

ya, you're a "real fan" rooting for a college player (probably more so than the starting QB that's currently on the bills) that has no association whatsoever to buffalo only so he can not declare next year or be drafted by some other team, and you're left standing there with your thumb up your ars.

you play to win, and let the chips fall where they may. nothing in life is a guarantee

The players should play to win, and we as fans should root for them to win championships, not to beat the Bengals in game we won't even remember two years from now.

In what is supposed to be a very strong QB class, Luck is the cream of the crop.* He's the closest thing there is to a "can't miss" prospect, IMO. If he is available when the Bills pick, they would be crazy to pass on him, IMO.

With that said, I'm not of the opinion the Bills should lose as many games as possible to put themselves in that position. That's silly.

(*Should be decide to enter the draft in 2011.)

I dont think this is a very strong class at all. Luck is the only good one I see and who knows, he may not come out. Last years was better for sure, whats that tell you.

I dont think this is a very strong class at all. Luck is the only good one I see and who knows, he may not come out. Last years was better for sure, whats that tell you.

You may not think it's a strong class, but the prevailing opinion of the "experts" is this QB class is the deepest in many years. Whether it is, or isn't a great class, it is far better than last years crop, IMO.

You may not think it's a strong class, but the prevailing opinion of the "experts" is this QB class is the deepest in many years. Whether it is, or isn't a great class, it is far better than last years crop, IMO.

Who are your experts? Ponder, Locker, Mallet... last years was deeper.

Who are your experts?

They aren't "my experts" they are the folks who closely follow college QB and report and predict. I won't do your work for you. Check out the scouting sites, the sports press and such. I'm not saying they are right or wrong, but your opinion flies in the face of what I am hearing and reading.

IMO last year had ONE legit 1st round QB, Bradford. Everyone else was a project.

Last year was Bradford then Tebow. This year wins.

Mallet and Luck are both better prospects than Bradford.

And Cam Newton is a more accurate, better passing Tebow.

Then you have Ponder & Locker which are both Better prospect than Claussen and McCoy.

If Mallet and\or Luck don't declare the class takes a major hit though.

They aren't "my experts" they are the folks who closely follow college QB and report and predict. I won't do your work for you. Check out the scouting sites, the sports press and such. I'm not saying they are right or wrong, but your opinion flies in the face of what I am hearing and reading.

IMO last year had ONE legit 1st round QB, Bradford. Everyone else was a project.

I closely follow college football, and I havent heard a single guy say that, not one, so Im not really sure about that.

IMO this year clearly has ONE legit QB, who is a RS Soph and may not come out. Everyone else is a project or not even worth the effort.

Mallet and Luck are both better prospects than Bradford.

And Cam Newton is a more accurate, better passing Tebow.

Then you have Ponder & Locker which are both Better prospect than Claussen and McCoy.

If Mallet and\or Luck don't declare the class takes a major hit though.

Must be a case of this years crop is better than last years crop? Clausen is more like Mallet IMO, and McCoy is/was 10 fold better than Ponder and Locker. Bradford, injury questions aside, was being touted as one of the best QBs to come out in recent memory. Not to mention your top 3 are all under classmen, and Newton isnt a great propect either.

Edited by Thoner7

But will Carolina draft another QB this year? Maybe, since they have the worst offense in the league. But that would be three 1-4 round picks spent on a QB in two years. I think we're going to have the first overall anyway, we have the toughest schedule out of all the bad teams.

Edited by bills1960

But will Carolina draft another QB this year? Maybe, since they have the worst offense in the league. But that would be three 1-4 round picks spent on a QB in two years. I think we're going to have the first overall anyway, we have the toughest schedule out of all the bad teams.

Ofcourse they'd take Luck..

Cowher would love to start off with Luck.

I closely follow college football, and I havent heard a single guy say that, not one, so Im not really sure about that.

IMO this year clearly has ONE legit QB, who is a RS Soph and may not come out. Everyone else is a project or not even worth the effort.

Must be a case of this years crop is better than last years crop? Clausen is more like Mallet IMO, and McCoy is/was 10 fold better than Ponder and Locker. Bradford, injury questions aside, was being touted as one of the best QBs to come out in recent memory. Not to mention your top 3 are all under classmen, and Newton isnt a great propect either.

good lord, do you have any clue what you are talking about? last years QB class was a joke. when bradford put on 15lbs of muscle was the moment he became a #1 pick. he was NOT as highly regarded as Luck is right now BECAUSE of his shoulder injuries. Luck has not had that problem yet. And the fact that the next QB wasnt taken until the 2nd round shows you how highly that class was thought of.

If Luck declares (which I think he will), I guarantee you 3 QBs will be taken in the first round. Quit pretending like Mallet or Newton won't be taken in the first round bro.

You have it backwards. The easiest schedule is the tiebreaker. The team that lost the same number of games against weaker opponents than the others gets the nod.

good lord, do you have any clue what you are talking about? last years QB class was a joke. when bradford put on 15lbs of muscle was the moment he became a #1 pick. he was NOT as highly regarded as Luck is right now BECAUSE of his shoulder injuries. Luck has not had that problem yet. And the fact that the next QB wasnt taken until the 2nd round shows you how highly that class was thought of.

If Luck declares (which I think he will), I guarantee you 3 QBs will be taken in the first round. Quit pretending like Mallet or Newton won't be taken in the first round bro.

Dude, I knwo Luck is being more highly regarded than Bradford, I agree with that too, but those other guys I am sayign are worse than last years other guys. I dont really care where they get drafted, when has draft position ever determined how good a player is in the NFL? We took Losman in teh 1st, how good was he? By your deffinituion the Russel/Qiunn draft was good bc 2 QBs went in the first round - thats flawed logic. I am really beginning to doubt Mallet even declaring, he is getting the same undeserved love fest Locker got and I could see that advisory committee grading him a 2nd rounder, and Newton going before him. But, if he or Newton declares, that wont stop Al Davis from drafting one of them in the first - even though they are not worth it.

PS last years a joke? Three of them are STARTING for their teams, 2 playign well, one like poopy and now injured. The other, a 1st rounder, has probably more potential than any QB drafted since Vick bc of all the intagible stuff plus his crazy physical abilty. Lets revist this next year when *Maybe* 1 is starting, Jake Locker is on a practice squad if he is lucky, and some of the guys talk about are still in college.

Edited by Thoner7