I trust everyone will hold Boehner and Cantor to their words?

You, no. You are clearly not a partisan hack. You get accused of it by both sides, to me that gives you a pass. I used to think you were a conservative hack, then realized you just like picking on dumbass liberals.

To be fair, I like picking on dumbass conservatives, too. They're just much thinner-skinned - Darin and I have run most of them off. Dumbass liberals come back for more.

You lose me on the whole,"What does that mean, exactly, in the context of not trusting any politicians?".

Does one who thinks all politicians lie has to hold boehner and Cantor to their words?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I like picking on dumbass conservatives, too. They're just much thinner-skinned - Darin and I have run most of them off. Dumbass liberals come back for more.

Does one who thinks all politicians lie has to hold boehner and Cantor to their words?

No, that makes you a realist IMO. Although, you should be more likely to do so.

Edited by Booster4324

Please trusting Boehner and Cantor? What have they done for the people to even deserve a basic trust?

Will they raise taxes? Yes.

Will they repeal healthcare insurance probably not... will they adjust their own healthcare in that process as well? Nope.

Will they create jobs? Doubtful.

:blink:

You think otherwise?

Of course he does, and so do I.

You think that the House will allow Obama, or anybody to raise taxes? Even if they have to pass a retroactive bill, they will. Not to mention, the Pelosi mess has not passed a friggin' budget, so there's going to be hell to pay. You think the Democrats have a leg to stand on with Obama at 39 and the recent election? If you do, you are dreaming. Taxes either go down or stay the same, for everybody. You might want to prepare for that reality.

Well, pBills, since the unions just kicked kids off of 30k of their employees, and then asked NYS to pick up the tab, what exactly do you think is going on here? Do you think the 70% who opposes Obama care, or the 61% that oppose Obama in general, are just going to lie down now that the agenda(which I identified years ago) is being exposed? Again, you are dreaming if you think it doesn't get at least seriously overhauled, if not, ripped out.

Ever hear of the Laffer curve? And, sooner or later all of the states will simply have to start laying off union employees, breaking the power of the unions. This is going to be a structural change in government. And, happily, that structural change will force spending/taxes down, which, just like it did with Reagan, WILL create jobs in a down economy. (Again, there are times to raise taxes and times to spend...a recovering economy right after a recession is NOT the time for either).

Edit: Oh, and hey, moron, if you are going to quote me, get it right. Conservatives don't believe they are superior because they joined a group, of where they live, because they nod their heads when Oprah speaks, or anything else that requires collectivism. If they believe they are superior at all, they think it's due to what they do individually.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Of course he does, and so do I.

You think that the House will allow Obama, or anybody to raise taxes? Even if they have to pass a retroactive bill, they will. Not to mention, the Pelosi mess has not passed a friggin' budget, so there's going to be hell to pay. You think the Democrats have a leg to stand on with Obama at 39 and the recent election? If you do, you are dreaming. Taxes either go down or stay the same, for everybody. You might want to prepare for that reality.

Well, pBills, since the unions just kicked kids off of 30k of their employees, and then asked NYS to pick up the tab, what exactly do you think is going on here? Do you think the 70% who opposes Obama care, or the 61% that oppose Obama in general, are just going to lie down now that the agenda(which I identified years ago) is being exposed? Again, you are dreaming if you think it doesn't get at least seriously overhauled, if not, ripped out.

Ever hear of the Laffer curve? And, sooner or later all of the states will simply have to start laying off union employees, breaking the power of the unions. This is going to be a structural change in government. And, happily, that structural change will force spending/taxes down, which, just like it did with Reagan, WILL create jobs in a down economy. (Again, there are times to raise taxes and times to spend...a recovering economy right after a recession is NOT the time for either).

Edit: Oh, and hey, moron, if you are going to quote me, get it right. Conservatives don't believe they are superior because they joined a group, of where they live, because they nod their heads when Oprah speaks, or anything else that requires collectivism. If they believe they are superior at all, they think it's due to what they do individually.

They will have to raise taxes to start paying down the deficit. Although, if they don't might be a good thing for the 2012 elections, hell freezing spending will only help so much. Hopefully the blind that followed the GOP this time will realize that they shouldn't lower taxes, they won't create jobs and the won't change healthcare. In other words, nothing will be done. In regards to healthcare (dumb to call it Obamacare) the part I find funny is a great portion of those people are already receiving government healthcare or assistance. Yet they yell keep the government out of our lives. Hypocrites.

Now on to unions... yes that evil group. :rolleyes: So breaking the unions will bring taxes down, and force spending down? Ok, what happens after you "break" those union workers and they don't have enough money to feed their families because they lost their job or had their pay cut by 30% or more? And you are right it will create more jobs... more minimum wage jobs. Awesome way to keep the country moving forward. And if you believe that breaking the unions will alter the structure in government, would you also be against the U.S. Chamber of Commerce? A great American Institution. :unsure:

Sorry about the quote... I should have just said "Conservatives are always right, and if you think otherwise they will shout you down." :oops:

They will have to raise taxes to start paying down the deficit. Although, if they don't might be a good thing for the 2012 elections, hell freezing spending will only help so much. Hopefully the blind that followed the GOP this time will realize that they shouldn't lower taxes, they won't create jobs and the won't change healthcare. In other words, nothing will be done. In regards to healthcare (dumb to call it Obamacare) the part I find funny is a great portion of those people are already receiving government healthcare or assistance. Yet they yell keep the government out of our lives. Hypocrites.

Of course we have to raise taxes at some point. As I said, there's a time for everything. Now is not that time from an economic perspective. From a political perspective, Democrats would be idiots to walk into the trap that has been set for them on this. You have forgotten the GOP strategy that occurred before this election: this wasn't about GOP ideas and them doing something, this was about STOPPING leftist doltery. If nothing gets done, that's a win by default for the GOP, since they promised "nothing more", first.

90% of America calls it Obamacare, and you are being dumb if you try and make that point instead of any others. I am well aware that we should be calling it "TidesFoundationCare" or "PelosiCare" or "SorosCare". The reason calling it Obamacare is justified: at any point he could have stepped in and lead on it, but he failed to until it was too late. Same old song.

You have no clue what you are talking about in terms of who is getting what from who or where now, and how that changes, or how the "underagenda" of this asstastic bill is starting to work. Spare me the nonsense. People(as in the kids of the 30k union workers) are going to be pushed onto state plans, which WILL be turned into a Federal public option....unless we tear down this affront to our freedom and process of law, and then punish those who would use legal and legislative douchebaggery to subvert the will of the people.

Now on to unions... yes that evil group. :rolleyes: So breaking the unions will bring taxes down, and force spending down? Ok, what happens after you "break" those union workers and they don't have enough money to feed their families because they lost their job or had their pay cut by 30% or more? And you are right it will create more jobs... more minimum wage jobs. Awesome way to keep the country moving forward. And if you believe that breaking the unions will alter the structure in government, would you also be against the U.S. Chamber of Commerce? A great American Institution. :unsure:

As I have stated numerous times: I am for unions in general, but they are pushing me, and many others away, and, they are doing it in a way that endangers their existence. It's as if they have no respect for those who came before them, and are willing to risk everything that was built.

Union workers have a choice to make. Either they force the bosses to play ball with everybody, and make concessions, or, they risk an all-out war. IMO, since this is not 1935, or 1965, the unions will not enjoy the public support they have had in the past. Public opinion created the unions, and it can destroy them as well. If an all out war starts, IMO, the unions will lose, big.

I believe that union workers, especially the government ones, will NOT allow the bosses to gamble with their jobs. I believe that they will demand concessions be made so that they don't lose everything. This would be the reasonable course, and, therefore, yes, structural changes are on the horizon. The alternative is pissing of the whole country, cause, wholesales privatization at all levels of government, effect.

Sorry about the quote... I should have just said "Conservatives are always right, and if you think otherwise they will shout you down." :oops:

No, I just demand that you comprehend WTF I write if you choose to quote it. And, this is round 2 on you still not getting it. :wallbash: